• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi Guys :)

Hi everyone! My names emma and i have recently got a rabbit :) i also have two guinea pigs and the guineapig forum helped me loads with them so i decided to join this one aswell for my rabbit :)

Anyone have anything they think i should know i would be very grateful, Thanks :D

Hiya, welcome to RU! :D

Like piggies, rabbits are happiest in pairs or groups, so when your current bun is neutered pehaps you could adopt him/her a friend?

Looking forward to piccies!

:wave: Hi ya and welcome :wave:
Tell us a little bit more about your rabbit/guinies. We would love to see pics of them. :D

Thanks everyone :)

Well firstly il start with why i only have one bunny. The reason being is because of my guinea pigs. I got two guinea pigs that were suppose to live together but they had extremly nasty fights which resulted in one of my piggies having a massive gash in his face and half an ear missing. Due to this they got seperated and seem much happier on their own. Basically i got one rabbit because i was worried of more fighting and seperation so if anyone can tell me more about this i would be very grateful :)

Thanks

Thanks everyone :)

Well firstly il start with why i only have one bunny. The reason being is because of my guinea pigs. I got two guinea pigs that were suppose to live together but they had extremly nasty fights which resulted in one of my piggies having a massive gash in his face and half an ear missing. Due to this they got seperated and seem much happier on their own. Basically i got one rabbit because i was worried of more fighting and seperation so if anyone can tell me more about this i would be very grateful :)

Thanks

Sorry to hear about your poor piggie. :( They are both neutered right?

The key with a happy bond in rabbits is to have both of them neutered, as it's their hormones that drive them to fight. It's also a good idea to let your bun pick his own wifey/her own husbun by taking them to local rescues and letting them 'date' several bunnies to see who they get on with best. A bond achieved this way is far less likely to break down. Some rescues will even take care of the whole bonding process for you, for a small donation.

Last edited:
Both my piggies are netured but it didn't work out however they do seem fine on their own as I have them out for the majoriy of the day. I will be looking into another bunny however because I think she would be happier with someone to snuggle up to at night :)

Back