• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Herman...u.d. 23/01/12

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
Meet the new arrival Herman. He came in on Friday night due to what we thought was an abscess on his jaw/chin. The vet saw him Saturday and and he had a GA to lance the abscess, but it turned out to be solid tissue! :shock:

The vet has never seen anything like it before, and can only presume its either a tumour or granuloma tissue from and old wound/infection. A sample has been sent off to the lab for tests, and we should find out some time next week.

In the meatime, has anyone seen anything like this before?

P1000181.jpg

Eating carrots :)

P1000179.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I have and it was a solid mass on my bunny

Beautiful bunny and well done for taking him in

Gosh, never heard anything like that before. Could it be a mass of scar tissue? Does it cause him any pain or discomfort?

He looks like a real sweetie though. :love: :love: :love:

Has he got a name? To me he looks like the bunny version of Winston Churchill!:lol:

I think I just won the numpty of the day award :roll::lol:

Last edited:
Herman's results came today!

Turns out that it isn't a tumour...yay! :D

It's granuloma tissue from an old infection or injury. He's already on precautionary antibiotics, so we'll keep going with the meds...and he's booked in for x-rays on Monday to find out the extent of the damage.

We're hoping that it's not connected to teeth roots or bone, and that he'll eventually be able to undergo surgery to remove most of the excess tissue...so keep your fingers crossed!

Well, I'm 99% convinced that Herman's lump has reduced in size a little. Before, it was under his chin and stretched around the side of his face...but now the swelling at the side has almost gone, and the chin swelling feels much more wobbly, rather than hard and taut like before :)

We've decided to hold off with the x-rays, and give him another week on meds to see if the improvement continues

So very pleased that it's not cancerous. Sending lots of vibes for Herman and hope his xrays are positive news. x

Back