• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

How early is too early...

rachylou

Warren Veteran
Just thinking (those of you who have read my other thread will know why I am thinking this) would it be a problem doing Jimby's VHD jab 2 weeks and 1 day before it is officialy due? Bareing in mind he does tend to have bad reactions when he has a jab.

Shouldn't be a problem but speak to your vets as some of them don't like doing it, I'm not sure why though.

Just called the vet and spoke to the nurse (vet was unavaliable) she said they generally have a months wiggle room either way. Does this sound about right?

Don't forget that many rabbits when they arrive in rescues the rescue doesn't know their vaccination history and I would think very often they get their vaccinations early.

Thats true! I just worry so much as he is my baby! I love him more than life itself and would hate to think that doing his jab too early is more liekly to result in him getting ill from it. :cry:

Touch wood they are really good! Jimby gave Cookie loads of kisses last night it was so sweet!! :love:
He keeps looking at me as if to say 'Mummy please dont make me have that nasty jab!' :cry: breaks my heart! :cry:

I am doing alright thankyou Shelly, sweet of you to ask!
Have my official due date now- 16th August! :p

Touch wood they are really good! Jimby gave Cookie loads of kisses last night it was so sweet!! :love:
He keeps looking at me as if to say 'Mummy please dont make me have that nasty jab!' :cry: breaks my heart! :cry:

I am doing alright thankyou Shelly, sweet of you to ask!
Have my official due date now- 16th August! :p

Awww exciting!!:love:

I had to get my two jabbed for myxi last week, I sent ian because I cry :oops:

Bobby had a bit of a watery eye afterwards, but that seems to have cleared up now:D

I am sure that he will be fine, he may feel a bit under the weather after, just like we do when we have jabs I guess.

Aww poor little love! :( Glad it has cleared now!

Porblem is when Jimby feels even slightly under the weather he stops eating then we enter in to the statis problems :cry:

Back