• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you train a rabbit to jump properly?

XcrystalX

Warren Scout
:wave::wave:hello, i saw the rabbits jumping 3ft on the news, i thought i would give it a bash even though i won't stick to it! xxx so does anyone know how to do it properly? thanks xx:D :rabbit2:

I have no idea, I imagine you would start with something low and get them to jump over that with treats, and slowly build up the height...

Get a dog, a very large one, and chase it up to a 3ft brick wall. It therefore has no choice.....

On a seriously note, why not build stuff in their enclosure that they can jump up onto. I have little Nethie Xs that can jump onto a large storage tub this is probably 2ft ish. They love jumping ontop and over stuff!

I have no idea, I imagine you would start with something low and get them to jump over that with treats, and slowly build up the height...
i think that's what you do... but they don't understand the harness,:lol: and zoe is gettting fat!:roll::cry: lol but she's not pregnant, she's neutered.
plus they don't eat at all when they're indoors... dunno why??!:shock:

Jasper was involved in a jumping display today and he had a fab time, loved it :love: Especially all the veg and head rubs after each jump. :) You temp them over with food and soon they realise they either enjoy it or not and if they enjoy it like my Jasper, they will jump over any high object they see. :love: Can I ask which news please? :wave:

ETA: Someone from RWAF came up to me at the show and told me they didn't used to agree with rabbit jumping and thought it was cruel but after seeing my Jasper jump off harness and lead on his own free will, she warmed to the idea and loved Jasper. :D She was amazed at how much he was enjoying himself. :love:

Last edited:
Jasper was involved in a jumping display today and he had a fab time, loved it :love: Especially all the veg and head rubs after each jump. :) You temp them over with food and soon they realise they either enjoy it or not and if they enjoy it like my Jasper, they will jump over any high object they see. :love: Can I ask which news please? :wave:

ETA: Someone from RWAF came up to me at the show and told me they didn't used to agree with rabbit jumping and thought it was cruel but after seeing my Jasper jump off harness and lead on his own free will, she warmed to the idea and loved Jasper. :D She was amazed at how much he was enjoying himself. :love:

the new is on the bbc look north, jumping rabbits grand national in harrogate. i really wish i could train mine like her! Jasper sounds lovely!! x

does anyone know of anyt tips/advice or trainers i could maybe send my bun too?? i really want to train her, she is really athletic! :D

Back