• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frisky, my 2nd bunny, whom i loved so much. (*Note: Big Read*)

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
After going through some old photo albums last night (i was quite emotional) i found some pictures i never knew i had.

This was Frisky, my sweet lovely bunny.

I saved up long and hard after Fluffy had passed away 2 years previously. I did it all myself. I bought a hutch, my dad helped me paint it. I bought straw, food and bowls and bottles (note, no hay - i didnt know.

I was so proud of myself, i'd done it. I'd got everything ready. Mum & Dad were proud of me too, that meant a lot. So off we toddled to the local pet store. Frisky was in a tiny cage. It was like a recovery cage at a vets now. She was on her own. She hopped to the bars when i was looking. I fell in love. Like in a big big way. I turned to my dad and said "can i have this one?" He said she looked pretty and small and we got the attendant to 'box her up' and we took her home. We put her straight in the hutch. She seemed really happy. She was hopping around, sniffing everything and was eating and drinking in no time.

Each week, Saturday morning came. Rain or shine i was out there, cleaning her out. It was really difficult, as she kept trying to get out whilst i did so. Dad came up with an idea. Frisky could come into the dining room whilst i cleaned her hutch. So up the stairs we went and brought down the spare mattress and used it as a guard to the living room. She loved coming in. I didnt know what a binky was back then, but my lord, lots of them. She only ever weed and pooped on the square of newspaper mum put in the corner of the room. I just thought it was clever she went there.

I was 13 years old if i remember rightly, but i could be wrong (Yes, thats over 15 years ago).

After about 2 years, she became quite grumpy, and very aggressive and cage territorial. Back then, i didnt know it was probably her hormones flaring up. A vet didnt either.

Frisky came home and things continued for about a year or so i think. One morning, i went outside and she was scratching about like there was no tomorrow. She had really bad mites (i think, its difficult to remember).

So off to the vets we went. We were given some shampoo. We washed her, as the vet instructed. She hated the bath. Slipping everywhere. But we did it. Her fur grew back and she was a happy bunny again, apart from the grumpyness.

On Sunday morning, i went to feed her and top up her water. I remember, it was winter, there was snow everywhere. I lifted up the plastic cover we'd made and she was there, not moving, laying down. She kept spasming. I was in bits. We put her in a carry case and dad rushed us to the emergency vets. She was squeaking. About 3/4 of the way there, she had a fit. I got her out the carry case and cuddled her. She stopped fitting and looked at me. It was just like she was saying "goodbye and thank you for trying". She passed away in my arms.

We got to the vets anyway. The vet said he didnt know what had happened and would of recommended PTS anyway.

We brought Frisky home. I found an old shoebox. I painted it and wrote her name on it. We put her in it and buried her at the bottom of the garden, under the roses. I made a silly little cross above it and wrote her name on that too.

I didnt leave my room properly for days after that.

It's really odd, i genuinely remember it like it was yesterday, cliche i know.

So RIP Frisky. Hope you found Fluffy in the clouds.

And those five pictures i found, please see below. Sorry for the rubbish quality, they are digital photos of bad real photos.

P1030556Small.jpg

P1030555Small.jpg

P1030557Small.jpg

P1030559Small.jpg

P1030558Small.jpg

Can anyone now see why i like Biscuit so much?

:love: Frisky x

awwww.... Binky free Frisky, What a lovely life she had. And WOW :shock: the uncanny likeness to Biccy :D She looked stunning and you gave her a good life, it's amazing how things have changed now, and although hard to find the amazing places like RU for great advice.

OMG - that brought me to tears. That was such a moving story. Thank you for sharing Graham - and the pics are stunning. xxx

Awww what a beautiful bunny Frisky was :love:

I feel exactly the same when I see photos of me and Lollipop my special childhood bunny together. She survived Myxi and died in my arms after waiting for me to get back from school when she was an old lady.

I can see why Biccy reminds you so much of her. :)

Back