• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbit occasionally passing blood - anyone had any experience?

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
For anyone who doesnt know, my Inca has her fair share of problems, she is deformed at her back end (no tail), underneath and feet, had EC this year, disc problems in her back.....so goodness knows whats going on inside.

As usual i am taking her to the vets, but just wanted to question folk on here for any experience / ideas prior to going.

Last week she was bleeding a wee bit from below. As she is deformed down there she sometimes bites at it if she gets sore, so i thought it was this, cleaned her up and put on cream.

But then she was bleeding on two other days, so i am now thinking that she might be passing blood. It only happens for a short while, then she is fine again, and it is only a small amount of blood.

It does not seem to be bothering her at all. She is eating / drinking / pooing / peeing exactly as normal.

Thanks in advance for any ideas

Kirsty & Inca x (& Herbie, but he is not a factor here :))

HI hun :wave:
No suggestions really just didnt want to ignore! Poor Inca I had no idea she had so many problems :shock::( Has she ever had a UTI or kidney infection before? I know when I had that I passed abit of blood.
I hope your vet can get to the bottom of it :? Atleast the fact that shes eating, pooing and well in herself is a good sign, so stay positive :)
Vibes for Inca xxxxxx

Sorry no experience in this with buns, however wen my cat passed a bit of blood all the vet said was no to worry. Good luck at the vets

Yeah, she has had a UTI before, and i was worried about the kidney part as she was on a lot of meds when she had EC (Steroids (with abx), then Metacam). Just hoping that they have not done damage to my wee baby girl.

Yeah, she has had a UTI before, and i was worried about the kidney part as she was on a lot of meds when she had EC (Steroids (with abx), then Metacam). Just hoping that they have not done damage to my wee baby girl.

Eek, try not to worry just yet. She may just have a reoccurence if the UTI, the change in weather makes this time of year perfect for breeding infections.
Wheres Jane when we need her?*shouts* "JAAAAAAAANE!!!"
Nose rubs for ur lovely girl xxxx

i was only going to suggest kidney also, but have no idea about the realities of this in bunny anatomy i'm afraid.

Poor Inca :(

Back