• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

when a rabbit loses another advice needed

Bunnytod

Mama Doe
well its been over a week since Harley passed, Honey has been fine but i have noticed she isnt really washing herself since, she's starting to look a little gruby, Harley used to groom her all the time, she seems ok in herself eating and drinking, just bought her in the house for a bit and she perked up, she seems to be just sitting in her wee all the time and has stopped using the litter tray any idea's why??

So sorry:(, I have recently lost one of my rabbits and the one left was very quiet for a week or so and did lots of runny poohs. I gave him lots of attention and exercise and he has picked up now. I am in the process of bonding him with a new girl (am sat with them as I type!). The wee problem sounds a bit worrying, I would get her checked by your vet. Hope she picks up soon. x

Really sorry, didn't mean to upset you. I lost (she escaped - long story) one of my lovely girls in August while I was on holiday and came back to the awful, awful news and a very lonely little Olive so I know it's a terrible time. I think that because of the circumstances in which I lost Grace I haven't really grieved myself as I can't help hoping she will be found (I know this is impossible as she will not have survived in the wild). I still think about her every day. Olive is now fine, although my attempts to find her a new companion ended in disaster and I now have two single buns. Timmy is a rescue bun who had a terrible start in life and it comforts me that I have given him a loving forever home and it gives me some solace as I feel I let Grace down (now I am crying!) Sorry for prattling on about us. What I meant to say is it takes time for both you and your little bunny to get over a loss but you will get there. And so will I.:love:

Really sorry, didn't mean to upset you. I lost (she escaped - long story) one of my lovely girls in August while I was on holiday and came back to the awful, awful news and a very lonely little Olive so I know it's a terrible time. I think that because of the circumstances in which I lost Grace I haven't really grieved myself as I can't help hoping she will be found (I know this is impossible as she will not have survived in the wild). I still think about her every day. Olive is now fine, although my attempts to find her a new companion ended in disaster and I now have two single buns. Timmy is a rescue bun who had a terrible start in life and it comforts me that I have given him a loving forever home and it gives me some solace as I feel I let Grace down (now I am crying!) Sorry for prattling on about us. What I meant to say is it takes time for both you and your little bunny to get over a loss but you will get there. And so will I.:love:

hey, just flicking thru, and thought Id mention that near where i live, there is a black and white dutch rabbit living in the fields near the hospital with a colony of wild buns, 'it' has been there at least 2 years! honest! :)

so so sorry for your loss

when we lost daisy she left behind duke, he carried on eating and cleaning but to start with he obviously wanted cuddles from us hoomans (on his terms of course!) and then as the weeks wore on whilst we were trying to find him a new friend he got really independent but it was obvious he really still wanted cuddles and missed company - could just tell he was bored.

he is with helen and the rabbit crossing at the moment falling in love libby and we are hoping to bring them home today. im confident it will make all the difference to duke and we also get to rescue another bun too - i guess where im going is it possible that you might be able to get yours a new friend??

Back