• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sheffield's version of conquering the South Pole!!

Bunnyaddict

Wise Old Thumper
As the snow in Sheffield has been so bad, everyone on our road has been literally snowed in today!! :shock: We woke up at 5am to 18 inches on our driveway / road with a snowdrift up our back door - with more snow since & it continuing to snow now!!

DSCF5613.jpg

DSCF5612.jpg

About 1 hour ago Mark & I finished trying to dig our way out of our house along with a group of our neighbours :shock: We then started to clear as much of the snow that we could in the turning circle on our road & clear pathways to our cars.

DSCF5621.jpg

DSCF5626.jpg

DSCF5625.jpg

Even though it's a nightmare with the weather & I'm fed up of it :evil: we had to laugh we turned round to find one of the neighbours had decided to put a flag in the huge pile snow..........and his boots to look like he was buried! :lol::lol::lol:

DSCF5623.jpg

DSCF5624.jpg

Looking at the snow now though, I think the couple hours digging snow might have been a waste of time!!!! :roll::lol:

Last edited:
Blimey, where abouts in Sheff are you? We have family in Woodhouse and they've said its reeeaally bad too!

So its still snowing then? Hows the forecast looking?

Blimey, where abouts in Sheff are you? We have family in Woodhouse and they've said its reeeaally bad too!

At Gleadless so not far from your family - honestly it's a bloomin nightmare!!

Anyone got a snow plough to lend us? :lol:

Hehehehe thanks guys :)

So its still snowing then? Hows the forecast looking?

Yep it's still snowing!! It stopped for a couple of hours at lunchtime while we were out clearing snow, but we've now got it heavy again!! :?

So two hours of digging was a waste of time!!!! :evil:

Think it will be a repeat performance tomorrow!!! :roll:

The forecast was more snow overnight & tomorrow, none Friday - then more Saturday & Sunday!!

Instead of singing to myself 'let it snow, let it snow, let it snow' - I'm singing 'let it NOT snow, let it NOT snow, let it NOT snow!!!' :lol::lol::lol:

reminds me of what we had earlier in the year :shock: im going to sheffield in february hope its gone by then :lol:

Wow you have it bad!!! I work in Sheffield (Chapeltown) but didn't make it in today - only 3 of us did!!! I spent the morning digging paths to the back garage door, bunny shed and Libby's hutch, and clearing our gates, although I gave up on the front garage door as there is no way I can get the car out!!! However, it is snowing again, so probably Round 2 tomorrow!!! Be safe xxx

Wow you have it bad!!! I work in Sheffield (Chapeltown) but didn't make it in today - only 3 of us did!!! I spent the morning digging paths to the back garage door, bunny shed and Libby's hutch, and clearing our gates, although I gave up on the front garage door as there is no way I can get the car out!!! However, it is snowing again, so probably Round 2 tomorrow!!! Be safe xxx

Your day sounds like ours Gaynor - we didn't make it into work either.

It might sound a bit daft but I'm fretting about running out of hay even though Mark only fetched 2 bales on Monday!!!

It's snowing again over here, so like you say round 2 coming up tomorrow!! :(

Flippin eck we would have NO chance of finding you now would we;):lol::lol::lol:

Nope I'm afraid you wouldn't Kay - mind you might have a better chance of getting up our road in your car. We haven't got a prayer in ours - well that's if we could get it out!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Back