• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hi!

thenshedid

New Kit
i'm new here, obviously, and new to rabbits!

on saturday i adopted a 4yr old lionhead who i have named muffin. she is gorgeous but very aggressive in her cage and a little bit nippy when out. once this insane snow has cleared up she will be getting spayed which should calm her down, I HOPE!

this is her third home... her first one, she'd been bought as a present for a child who soon lost interest and her second one, she was adopted by a lady with an autistic son but the son kept annoying her and the lady couldn't cope.

she lives in my bedroom in a dog cage at the moment and i've ordered a large rabbit playplen which i'll attach to her cage when i'm not home. i'm currently letting her run around my room of a nighttime which she loves!

basically, i'm just saying hello and will probably be posting a lot whenever i need help! i'm trying to litter train her right now but its not working too well... she likes to sleep in her litter tray and pee everywhere else haha :roll:

i'm new here, obviously, and new to rabbits!

on saturday i adopted a 4yr old lionhead who i have named muffin. she is gorgeous but very aggressive in her cage and a little bit nippy when out. once this insane snow has cleared up she will be getting spayed which should calm her down, I HOPE!

this is her third home... her first one, she'd been bought as a present for a child who soon lost interest and her second one, she was adopted by a lady with an autistic son but the son kept annoying her and the lady couldn't cope.

she lives in my bedroom in a dog cage at the moment and i've ordered a large rabbit playplen which i'll attach to her cage when i'm not home. i'm currently letting her run around my room of a nighttime which she loves!

basically, i'm just saying hello and will probably be posting a lot whenever i need help! i'm trying to litter train her right now but its not working too well... she likes to sleep in her litter tray and pee everywhere else haha :roll:

Welcome :wave:

This could be because shes unspayed. If she's 4yrs old, just out of interest, why wait until the snows gone for her spay if she's a house bunny anyway?

Hi and welcome to RU :wave:
Im not surprised she is aggressive after her history - once she learns to trust you she will hopefully become your best friend!
Cant wait for pics x

Welcome :wave:

This could be because shes unspayed. If she's 4yrs old, just out of interest, why wait until the snows gone for her spay if she's a house bunny anyway?

i just meant that its really heavy where i live and my mams car is snowed in on the drive and i have no other way to get her to the vet surgery! plus my vet can't get to the main surgery to perform operations till its cleared slightly!

i just meant that its really heavy where i live and my mams car is snowed in on the drive and i have no other way to get her to the vet surgery! plus my vet can't get to the main surgery to perform operations till its cleared slightly!

That makes sense now! Sorry, i was just confused.

Welcome to the forum!
How fantastic of you to adopt this bunny! I hope the agression soon fades away.
BTW my bun Keltya is littertrained but he lies in the toilet anyway :lol:

Hiya and welcome! :wave: Good on you for adopting your bunny :) I took on a pair in February who were very aggressive, but thankfully, they are quite nice now! Still a bit grumpy, but not aggressive anymore.

hello:wave:

really glad she finally has a happy home - i'm sure she will soon settle down and learn to trust you.

Back