• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

male rabbit keeps removing all the bedding

garry1974

Young Bun
help with the impending cold weather im worried about the rabbits we have 2 a girl and a boy . they have a run which has steps upto there bedding area which we fill up with loads of straw and hay. all the boy seems to do on a daily basis is clean it all out .he kicks it all out and gives it a good spring clean and leaves the box with nothing in it.
they do use it and sometimes sit up there with there heads looking out the opening.
my other half is at her witts end with worry about what will happen when its colder.
i think they sleep on the floor in the corner under the bedding box which is above them maybe they feel safer there as they can keep and eye out for predators etc where as in the area up the stairs there is only a little opening.
there is one of them wooden bendy arch things and i think they get in there so i put straw etc in there for them .

just wondering why he keeps throwing all the straw out of what should be his bedding area.

mine does this too we pack the beeding area but mario just drags it all out!and they both(i have 2 males)sleep on the outside of the bedding area
they live in a chicken coop with a ramp upto the sleeping area but they both sleep/sit on the ramp
comfussed.com haha

mine do this too :roll: I fill it up every night and every morning its all over the place.
I've stoppped worrying about it now - they have each other to snuggle in and being rexes, their entire floor is hay so they have plenty to keep them warm, wherever they choose to put it.

Back