• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We are moving! Shed and hutch question

JoLB

Warren Scout
Hi, I have searched for topics relating to this but can't seem to find what I want.

We are moving in a week. In the new house there is a shed:

shed.jpg

What do I need to put on the floor and around the walls to make it nice and cosy and also rabbit proof?

Do I need to do anything to the shed?

At the moment they are in boarding and have this hutch
with the thermal covers and waterproof covers, and they have a run.

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/orchard-manor-guinea-pig-and-rabbit-hutch-by-pets-at-home-16038

But I work full time, so was thinking about putting their hutch in the shed (I hope it fits!), and leaving the hutch open so they have more room during the day, until I am home to let them out.

What do you think?

xx

I would lino the floor and put some ply on the walls to stop them chewing the sides of the shed. You can put insulation between the inner skin and the shed outer walls to keep it warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.

If you dont want to skin the shed out I woudl put either battons either side of the wood bits that stick out or metal strip them to stop them chewing them.

Try your hutch in the shed to see how it works and take the door off so that they have lots of space. You can then add tunnels / litter trays / boxes / toys for them.

Exactly what janice said :) Lino/Vinyl the floor and plywood around the lower section inside.

It looks like a great size shed and in good condition. What a bonus :)

I would lino the floor and put some ply on the walls to stop them chewing the sides of the shed. You can put insulation between the inner skin and the shed outer walls to keep it warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.

If you dont want to skin the shed out I woudl put either battons either side of the wood bits that stick out or metal strip them to stop them chewing them.

Try your hutch in the shed to see how it works and take the door off so that they have lots of space. You can then add tunnels / litter trays / boxes / toys for them.

Ditto :D

Back