• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Condensation in shed!??

mimi g

Warren Scout
My buns have been outdoor buns for a little while now and live in a new 7ft x 5ft shed with run.
As we knew the cold weather was on its way we decided to put all the windows in the shed so there was less drafts and plan to mesh afew over and make them openable as spring approaches, so for ventilation, for the time being my partner added 2 vents in the side of the shed (like those used in houses).

However since the weather has been really cold and miserable ive noticed that the windows have been getting alot of condensation on the inside......is this normal and will it harm the buns at all being so humid. Although with all the rain recently im guessing everywhere unheated is pretty humid! xx

My boys have an aviary, with 3 sides enclosed, shutters on the front and a plastic corrugated roof. Yesterday, after having a mild day, after a cold day,and then a cold day again, there was condensation that had frozen into little icicles :shock: As the day warmed they started to drip - didn't bother the buns in the slightest....

So long as there is ventilation (which you have) then the buns will be fine. Our conservatory's the same as it isn't heated - every morning in winter the windows are covered in water.

Maybe hand a towel up in the shed that will always be handy for wiping some of the moisture up?

My boys have an aviary, with 3 sides enclosed, shutters on the front and a plastic corrugated roof. Yesterday, after having a mild day, after a cold day,and then a cold day again, there was condensation that had frozen into little icicles :shock: As the day warmed they started to drip - didn't bother the buns in the slightest....

So long as there is ventilation (which you have) then the buns will be fine. Our conservatory's the same as it isn't heated - every morning in winter the windows are covered in water.

Maybe hand a towel up in the shed that will always be handy for wiping some of the moisture up?

Thanks im glad it is not just me!
I have been wiping the windows but it re-appears pretty quick:censored:

My mum suggested putting afew of these up on the shelf in the shed (where the buns cant reach) last night, she uses them in her conservatory for the same problem you have...you can get them in Asda for £1.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/INTERIOR-DEHU...892987&cguid=5e2151fb12c0a0e201b6f786fffd2abf

Back