• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cleaning outdoor runs

Romily

Warren Scout
We have two rabbits living in huge hutch and run combo outside but I am wondering the best way to keep the outside area as clean as possible. The boys like to poo and pee outside leaving the area in a mess. At the moment the run is on grass and has a decking area inside it for them to sit on (I felt concrete would be too cold. How do other people with runs on grass all year round keep it clean?

One other thing, even though their hutch is huge, dry inside and clean they like to sit outside in the run in all weather, is this normal?

i found putting a litter tray in the run...this doesnt have to be anything fancy simply a storage tub lid with some newspaper on or turf (as long as you happy digging it into the rest of the garden) mine took to it straight away, though when they have free run time in the garden they have several poo spots i jsut clear up any piles of poop i see. sorry doesnt help if bunnys insist on pooping everywhere though. x

My original bunny was very clean and litter trained however since the new one has arrived the two enjoy the game of litter tray tossing and refuse to use it for the purpose in which it was intended :cry:

Back