• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Inside flooring ????

Floppylop

Young Bun
My bunnies are in the garage in runs, they are running on vinyl flooring, but I find it messy putting shavings etc on the floor as I walk into their runs to feed them, can anyone suggest any other form of flooring I could use which would not need shavings , but easy to clean

I have used non slip vynil flooring in hutches before, and only used bedding in hide areas, and wood pellet cat litter in litter trays. Shavings aren’t recommended as they release phenols which can cause respiratory problems. You could use rubber stable matting instead.

I use vinyl on the floors. Bedding and toilet areas have large litter trays with hemp shiv, paper based cat litter or newspaper underneath a deep layer of hay. There's no need to put anything else on the vinyl, unless you need something like doormats to make it less slippy. Hay keeps the substrate in place, but hay will tend to get moved about so will need daily sweeping up.

Back