• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Still humpy humpy!!

rachylou

Warren Veteran
Jims and Cookie have now been succesfully bonded for 1 month 2 weeks and they are definatly in love!! :love:
They share everything, cuddle up, Cookie will kiss Jims but the onl problem we are still having is Jimby is still humping her!!
We have tried the limit the space method etc but it does not seem to change, Cookie bless her is a good little girl about it and just runs off then shakes her head but he gets it in to his head that she likes it and goes for it again, I am just worried she may well start to get annoyed with him and turn :(
When we can we do try and push him off her as much as possible, is there anything else we can do?

Giving her lots of places to hide is probably important.

When was he neutered? Are there other rabbits about in the vicinity?

Is it all the time or just at certain times through the day?

They have a 2 story house so she can get away from him if need be.
He ws neutered when he was 6 months old, so a very long time ago now (he is 2 years 3 months now)
It is not all the time, he has had a little go this morning and he does tend to 'go for it' in the evenings too.
Nope there are no other rabbits around and we are in a 2nd floor flat so even if there were I dont think it would be an issue, given that our babies are soley indoor buns.

I would suspect he does it at dawn and dusk times? The times when they are most active?

I think that having little places (such as one bunny spaces like a box, a tunnel, a hideyhole) are important. An NIC cage may also work well because you could make it to suit purpose of her having somewhere to hide.

Does he have a lot of things to do and to keep him entertained? A lot of space to run around?

We have a NIC cage at the moment but I guess it is lacking somewhere for her to actually 'hide' due to space, we already have 2 potties, 2 hay boxes, 2 bowls and a tunnel in there if we ut anything else in there would not be any room left :roll:
We have devised a kind of 'garen' area for them so they still have 'out time' even when they are not running around the lounge, so I think they have plenty to occupy themselves with but Jims just seems to be too interested in Cookie!! :roll:

Back