• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does fighting help

Are you sure they are both female?

My suggestion would be to split them until they are spayed/neutered, recovered, and then rebond.

However some people may suggest going back to a small, neutral space and starting again, although personally, with hormones involved, this is not something I would risk.

Also, with rabbits it can be very hard to see wounds and you may only realise in a couple of days when they have scabbed over. Sometimes blowing into the fur all over can show up any wounds, but sometimes not. I would say if they were fighting full on then there are likely to be some wounds so please keep an eye out for them. Those injuries that you have seen need to be bathed, or, if more than a scratch, they need to be seen by a vet.

I agree with Sky-O. One of my does inflicted a nasty injury on the other when they got into an un-neutral area and it would not have been noticeable apart from the fact she wasn't putting the leg down properly.

_IGP8135-vi.jpg

This is the would after it was stitched up. You can't see all of it here, that's about half of it so it was quite big, unfortunately.

Back