• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Teddy Munchkin our brave little soldier, says 'fank u all for my vwibes RU' -

Bunnyaddict

Wise Old Thumper
As some of you know from the thread below our sweet little Teddy Munchkin had a jaw abscess removed on Tuesday & has been very poorly :cry: He's also got an ulcer on his eye & is being treated for EC :cry:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=245536

Sadly he has oesteomylitis & had a large part of his mandible removed. Our vet is still remaining very guarded about his prognosis & we have been advised not to reoperate if the abscess comes back :cry: We'll just take one day at a time with him.

He is still confined to his cage for the time being & is having to be kept separate from his friends Libby, Tiny Tim & Minnie. We don't know yet if he'll be able to go back with them or not.

However, Teddy is being such a brave boy & battling all he can. He wanted to say thank you for all his vibes & thinking about him this week. We all really appreciate it :love:

Anyhow here's our brave wee lad :love:

Teddy says 'mummy this is not my good side!' :cry: His face is still very swollen - poor wee lad looks so tatty.

DSCF5259.jpg

'That's my better side mummy & everyone can see my new monkey friend!'
DSCF5258.jpg

'And even better from the front!'
DSCF5262.jpg

'And just to show how I've been a good boy eating all my veggies' :)
DSCF5255.jpg

Thankfully Teddy is eating quite well, so I'm hoping this is a good sign :)

Last edited:
Bless his little heart what a cutie, well wishes and healing thoughts to the little fella. xxxxxxxx

He looks very sweet, good that he is home and feeling a bit better. :love: Is he a mini-lop? I'm not very good at judging the size of lop bunnies from photos. Sending him more vibes. :wave:

Thank you everyone :)

He looks very sweet, good that he is home and feeling a bit better. :love: Is he a mini-lop? I'm not very good at judging the size of lop bunnies from photos. Sending him more vibes. :wave:

Yep Teddy is a mini lop - bless him, he only weighs about 1.6kg :love: Hence why we call him Teddy Munchkin :oops:

Thank you everyone :)

Yep Teddy is a mini lop - bless him, he only weighs about 1.6kg :love: Hence why we call him Teddy Munchkin :oops:

My friend's mini-lop is 1.8kg. He is much easier to pick up than my rabbit, who is a fairly big boy (don't know his weight). I hope Teddy continues to feel better this weekend. :wave:

Back