• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The eggcup full of pellets rule...

beckie20

Mama Doe
Odd question, but does it apply to all brands?

I'm switching mine from SS to Bunny Basics/T, which are miniscule compared to SS, so an eggcup full of those is going to be LOADS of pellets compared to SS!

xxx

Ooh that's a really good question! Look at the nutritional value in both brands in relativity to the weight, then you can sort of work it out?

An eggcupfull may contain fewer pellets but they will be smaller so each pellet is less of a munch - although I guess an egg cup of SS also contains lots of air gaps between the pellets. Hetty's suggestion is also a good idea, to see what the nutrition content is in the same weight and cupfull measurement of each.

It's only a rule of thumb not a definitive measurement anyway so I would just use a bit of trial and error to get what seems to be the most suitable amount for your bunnies :)

I have the same problem. I also want to change from SS to BB/T.
So what is 'the rule'? An eggcupfull.. for each rabbit or per kg weight?
I mean bigger rabbits need more pellets I guess..

I feed Bunny basics T, and I feed depending on the size and amount of buns!

My 2 fosters are littlies, so they get one egg cup full between them, my three big olders get three eggcups full between them and my three other biggies get one and a bit between them at the moment as one of them is doing excess caecotrophs.

So, to conclude, I play it by ear and see how it goes :lol:

I won't give them anymore than an eggcup full, and if I give them less then they should just eat more hay. In theory :roll:

xxx

Back