• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those with sheds/wendy houses

pinkyblare

Alpha Buck
Do you plan to insulate for winter i am going to fetch lino today and hopefully some strips to edge it to stop them lifting it just a couple quick questions can i use spray adhesive for lino or just lay it down with battons also i am worried incase we should insulate and ply line it for winter mmm.......?:?:? decision decisions

I havent insulated.. I am going on the theory that a playhouse with carpet and blankets and big hay boxes has got to be warmer than sitting in a run on concrete all winter like they did last year (in all the snow and ice) :roll:

:lol::lol::lol:

When/If I get a shed we will insulate and then plywood round, partly for insulation, partly to dull strange sounds and partly to stop them chewing the wood.

we put lino down in the bunny shed today. We've used NoNails type of goo to stick it and then nailed wooden edging on top round the edges so it wont move anywhere ;) You can use spray adhesive instead but i thought the no nails would be a bit stronger maybe

When/If I get a shed we will insulate and then plywood round, partly for insulation, partly to dull strange sounds and partly to stop them chewing the wood.

This is what we have done for Basil in his shed/playhouse. He lives in the house with us, but we wanted somewhere outside which would be dry and warm where he could play. Hopefully we will soon attach his run to the shed via a catflap. The insulation in the shed makes a huge difference and it feels really cosy in there.

we have a shed with a hutch inside- we have felt no need to isulate the shed in the winter as they tend to cuddle up night. I always make sure they are shut in the hutch at night time with plenty of hay and throw a blanket/duvet over the hutch.

This worked really well last winter. oh i did go a bit mad and put a snugglesafe in there too:D

They seemed really cosy.

AS for the floor we put lino down too and battened it on, we tried the floor tiles but it wouldnt stick. hope this helps.

After the winter we had last year there was no way my 'babies' were going outside without insulating!!

Their shed is insulated with polystyrene and thermal roll (the bubble wrap type stuff!) and boarded over with Hardboard. For the additional cost and time I feel it was well worth doing. :)

Back