• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think I might have finished... Lots of pics!

beckie20

Mama Doe
I think I might have finally put the finishing touches to my new hutch :roll: Although the covers are still on order.

P1000434.jpg

Upstairs:
P1000433.jpg

That patch of dirty-looking hay in the back corner is actually dried dandelion sprinkled on top of the hay - I obviously did a poor job of mixing it all in! They also have half of their pellets scattered in that hay too. The other half I hand feed. There's obviously a sleeping compartment too - but that's just full of hay and not very interesting. Plus I know there are boy buns perusing RU that should not be seeing my girls' boudoir!

Please excuse Sugar's bum in these pics :roll: And the poops in the litter tray :oops: I had honestly cleaned that out shortly before taking the pictures!
P1000431.jpg

P1000432.jpg

P1000428.jpg

They were very pleased to see a brand new tube - they'd completely shredded their previous tube :lol:
P1000430.jpg

And Sugar jumped onto the packaging to hoover up what had fallen off...
P1000426.jpg

P1000439.jpg

P1000438.jpg

P1000437.jpg

P1000423.jpg

How much do you want to bet I see something I need to add to it tomorrow?!

xxx

It looks fab! :)
Where did you get your dangly hay thingy? (the green one!)

It was from EquineCanineFeline, it was only £1 because I spent over a certain amount, but I only spent £28 so you don't have to spend loads. Otherwise I think it costs about £3-4.

xxx

ooooh - looks lovely!
Love the 4th pic where their ears are over each other.....:love:

yes - you will DEFINATELY NEED to put something else you find in there tomorrow!:lol::lol::lol:

Ooh! That looks great! I've been thinking about sorting my hutch bunnies out with a better living area so this has given me some inspiration :):wave: I feel a bit sorry for Pharrell and Daphne in a hutch now the others have a shed and a playhouse - but I can see from yours that they can be really brilliant too. :D

That looks fab, your buns seem quite at home.
Can I ask where you got your litter tray from? It looks like something I would like to try with my buns as every now and then they go through a digging phase and the hutch becomes a sea of megazorb and poo!:lol:
Thanks.

Is that a "rabbit hutch shop" hutch ? I have the single storey hutch for george and misty, and my new one arrived yesturday for penny and her friend. After seeing yours i realy wish i had bought the double hutch. It looks realy good.:D

That looks fab, your buns seem quite at home.
Can I ask where you got your litter tray from? It looks like something I would like to try with my buns as every now and then they go through a digging phase and the hutch becomes a sea of megazorb and poo!:lol:
Thanks.

:lol:, sounds lovely! I got that tray from Pet's Corner, it's a corner cat litter tray. The lip bit can be taken off, but theirs is on for now, as somebun kept weeing down the back :roll:. They liked their high-back corner tray, but it wasn't big enough for both of them to get in at the same time.

Is that a "rabbit hutch shop" hutch ? I have the single storey hutch for george and misty, and my new one arrived yesturday for penny and her friend. After seeing yours i realy wish i had bought the double hutch. It looks realy good.:D

It is! If you have one, that means you may have noticed my doors are on upside down :oops: My mum and I built it back in June, in the middle of the heatwave, and by the time we realised we just couldn't be bothered to take it all apart again!! :lol:

xxx

:lol:, sounds lovely! I got that tray from Pet's Corner, it's a corner cat litter tray. The lip bit can be taken off, but theirs is on for now, as somebun kept weeing down the back :roll:. They liked their high-back corner tray, but it wasn't big enough for both of them to get in at the same time.

Thanks for this, mine have a high back corner one at the moment so I think the lip will help lots with the digging! Mine like to sit in it together too, there is only just enough room. Why do they like sitting in litter trays so much?!:lol:

It is! If you have one, that means you may have noticed my doors are on upside down :oops: My mum and I built it back in June, in the middle of the heatwave, and by the time we realised we just couldn't be bothered to take it all apart again!! :lol:

xxx

:lol::lol::lol:. My doors are also on upside down, the instructions that they sent with it were the wrong ones, when i ordered another hutch at the weekend i asked them to make sure they sent the right instructins this time. I cant be bothered to change it.:oops:

Look's great where did you get the big black hay rack from...love it. :D

Which one? The one above the litter tray I got from Zooplus, or the one at the other end is a half-moon hanging basket! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:. My doors are also on upside down, the instructions that they sent with it were the wrong ones, when i ordered another hutch at the weekend i asked them to make sure they sent the right instructins this time. I cant be bothered to change it.:oops:

Lol, when I did mine I just copied the picture, and didn't realise until the end that the hutch in the picture was shown upside down! Ah well, I haven't noticed any problems as a result. Yet :shock::lol:

xxx

Back