• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Individual: Deaf buck needs home -Leicestershire

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of lauraandmike

Physical Description
Medium sized lop with sooty fawn colouring

Temperament
Very friendly, extremely trusting, follows me everywhere and wants constant fuss

Sex
Male

Neuter Status
Neutered

Vaccination Status
Vaccinations up to date (VHD and Myxi due in approx 6 months)

Health
Joey is DEAF.
The vet says he is very healthy and has perfect teeth.

Type of home wanted
Because Joey is deaf he can only go to an experienced owner with a stable and calm home. He must be approached from a distance and know you are there, otherwise he will bolt and hurt himself. For this reason he will be better suited as a house bun, so that cats and foxes cannot sneak up and scare him. He presently lives as a house rabbit and does not seem to miss the outdoors like my other rabbits do (although he does have access to a small outside slabbed area). He is litter trained and only likes to chew one thing (my shoes). MUST be rehomed with a female rabbit. Home check required.

Reason for rehoming
We took Joey in because his previous owners did not want him and had neglected him badly. Over the last few months we have brought him back to health and he has put on weight and is now very confident, relaxed and loving. We would be very upset to see Joey go as we have become completely attached to him, but there is not enough room here with our other rabbits, and its not fair that he should spend his whole life alone. He really needs a female partner as he is bored and lonely, with lots of space and his own garden in the summer. Bonding must be done by an experienced person i.e. a rescue (for a joint donation). Rehoming locally would be best, Joey is a very bad car traveller and goes stiff, which is quite worrying, perhaps because he is deaf.

joey1.JPG

joey2.JPG

joey3.JPG

joey4.JPG

Omg i love you :love::love:

Fudge would love to have a husbun like you, sad to hear about you being deaf but that makes no difference just makes you extra special :love::love:

Hope you find a good home, i would love to give you a foreve home here with me and Fudge, unfortunately i cant :cry:

Sending loads and loads of nose rubs xxx

He is gorgeous!! :love::love::love::love: I wish we could offer him a forever home but we cant. I hope he finds his forever home soon.

We have a deaf bunny - Starbuck - and he is soooo special!!! To anyone thinking of adopting: you just need to approach slowly and cautiously, from the side or front and to not make any fast or sudden movements towards him... Ohhh and a bit extra tactile attention because he cant hear you talking to him!

The bonus is you get to see them sleeping quite often!

Just to say we will be very very upset when Joey eventually finds his new home, but it's in his best interests. I was unemployed for a while and spent all my time with him, I am now out at work every day and hate leaving him on his own. I let the other buns out for a couple of hours each night and that doesnt leave much time for him.

And yes, as he is deaf he sprawls out and sleeps like a baby even when there is music on or tv etc. He is also extremely attention seeking and won't let you out of his sight (he is my shadow). He doesnt have the security of hearing so he wants contact all the time.

Laura

Just to say we will be very very upset when Joey eventually finds his new home, but it's in his best interests. I was unemployed for a while and spent all my time with him, I am now out at work every day and hate leaving him on his own. I let the other buns out for a couple of hours each night and that doesnt leave much time for him.

And yes, as he is deaf he sprawls out and sleeps like a baby even when there is music on or tv etc. He is also extremely attention seeking and won't let you out of his sight (he is my shadow). He doesnt have the security of hearing so he wants contact all the time.

Laura

Sorry for you hun, its a very brave and selfless decision. You really have his best interests at heart.

I wish we could take him. Good luck with finding a forever home for him.

Back