• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not happy with PAH hutch..... options.....

major stare

Young Bun
2x bunnies currently living in one of these...

hitch.jpg
[/IMG]

... but every weekend its a two person job to move it so it can be cleaned, because the door on the front is not big enough to gain access to clean. And due to commitments iam not always around to help my wife and children.

So, iam visiting PAH tomorrow to discuss a replacement or re-fund as is not fit for purpose.

Available area for the new hutch is 8' x 3' or 6' x 4'. I cannot have a shed, or link off the available sizes to an add-on run..... You can see in the first picture the available size. The exisiting shed is full of garden equipment and paint.

But every weekend and some evenings they have access to this.....

run.jpg
[/IMG]

Options im looking at are......

6x2hutchwithrun.jpg

GDHG64N750.jpg

Your valued thoughts please....... and how to stop the male from digging holes in our lawn !!:censored::D ;)

I would go for a 6x4 wendy house I think. I know your in Notts so you can get one for £40 from the reclamation year near Newark. I have one and its brilliant. Easy to add extra levels for more space and you can add a run to the side by a cat flap.

I dont want a Wendy house as we like to see the rabbits from the house and patio area.

Also, we cannot add onto a Wendy house with a run. Only the available sizes i have stated.

I dont want a Wendy house as we like to see the rabbits from the house and patio area.

Also, we cannot add onto a Wendy house with a run. Only the available sizes i have stated.

In which case your only option is a 6x2 hutch with attached 6x4 run like the one you posted. Happy hutch do one in those sizes.

Could you just get a refund and get a hutch from somewhere else. I've got a Happyhutch run combo like what you have posted. Its good but the only draw back is getting in and out of the run if you are short.

Im going to try for a refund as i cannot see a hutch suitable at PAH.

hurricanhoney... how easy is your hutch to clean?

The picture you have posted looks more like a chicken coop than a rabbit hutch - in which case you might struggle in saying it isn't fit for purpose.

PAH advertise and sell it as a rabbit hutch.

Having spoken to them today, a member of staff commented they also have one and they are not happy with it:?

I have the hutch you've pictured and its quite easy to clean out.
My only critisism (besides the fact that I HATE hutches altogether) is that the middle wired section on the hutch is fixed, so you need long arms to reach around.
I'm in the process of getting mine changed to an opening door.

What about a hutch from kernow housing, you could get them to make you a 8 x 3 doublle hutch or a 7 x 3 double. Helen (The Duchess) has some of these which are guaranteed for 10 years, whilst they cost more than a standard hutch they will last the life time of your rabbit unlike many others.

I'd suggest a playhouse too. Mine has a little 'porch' on the front which the buns spend most of their time sitting in so I can see them from the house.

28560_450111238573_709523573_6050163_2978024_n.jpg

Playhouses are also a doddle to clean out, annnnd you stay dry when it's raining!

I think you'll have a tough job getting a refund on the hutch you have :( - I should think P@H will say you should have bought it back sooner/noticed that the door was small. Especially as they always have assembled ones in store too.

I'd suggest a playhouse too. Mine has a little 'porch' on the front which the buns spend most of their time sitting in so I can see them from the house.

28560_450111238573_709523573_6050163_2978024_n.jpg

Playhouses are also a doddle to clean out, annnnd you stay dry when it's raining!

I think you'll have a tough job getting a refund on the hutch you have :( - I should think P@H will say you should have bought it back sooner/noticed that the door was small. Especially as they always have assembled ones in store too.

Wow! I absolutely adore your set up here! This has inpired me to do something similar... all I need to do is persuade the other half! :D

And in answer to the hutch question, I love that little hutch with the run attached to it! I would say it's perfect for what you seem to need! Also, they do them on ebay super cheap (altough you probably already know this :)) you can also get wooden chicken coups/runs cheap to let them run around for a few hours a day :) (ebay is brilliant!)

I would go for a 6x4 wendy house I think. I know your in Notts so you can get one for £40 from the reclamation year near Newark. I have one and its brilliant. Easy to add extra levels for more space and you can add a run to the side by a cat flap.
Do you hve details of this reclamation yard? I live in Lincoln and have my own car so it would be a viable option for me, therefore leaving more funds spare for a larger aviary/run area. Thanks

Sorry for hijacking your thread, I hope you are successful in receiving your refund.

Amy

Back