• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pregnant or Phantom??

fluffy

New Kit
HELP! At 9/10wks old my lil girl bunny accidently got in the same run as a Male bunny. Long story on how it happened but now shes about 14wks old and has started to pull her fur out n mix it with her hay. She has been very aggressive lately and strangely she has taken an interest to the cat who is female! Whats going on as im very worried!

It would be quite unlikely for a 9/10 week old female to get pregnant but if she is then make sure you dont move or damage the nest that she builds.

I cant remember whether its a 3 or 4 week pregnancy so hopefully you have been lucky if she is now 14 weeks.

Thanks

Im just worried about one thing. If she is pregnant will she survive the pregnancy herself?

Im just worried about one thing. If she is pregnant will she survive the pregnancy herself?

I dont have any experience of this sorry. She is very very young to be pregnant and so I assume would have very small babies that may not survive. I am not sure what the risks to her life would be.

I would say take her to the vets for an ultrasound to see if she is pregnant but as she would be due any day I dont think moving her is a good idea.

I think the gestation period for rabbits is 28-30 days so I'd agree its probably to late to see a vet as if she genuinely is pregnant she may be about to drop.

I'm afraid I have no experience of breeding so can't really offer anymore advice but hopefully someone with more of an idea will be along soon.

Back