• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fun in the sun...advice please

Rose24

Warren Scout
Hello All,

We are relocating to Norwich to a house with a garden and I am really looking forward to seeing little Hibby and Joey enjoying the sunshine this summer :D They will still be house bunnies but I want to be able to sit in the garden and watch them run and play. This is probably a very a stupid question :oops: but do I need to introduce them to the garden slowly because of grass consumption? I'm sure that is the right thing to do but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

x x x x

I think introducing them to grass is the same as introducing them to fresh veg ie. a little at a time. Just give them a few minutes to start with and then gradually build the time spent on the lawn up over a couple of weeks. They should be fine :D. I wouldn't put your buns on the lawn immediately though because you don't know if the previous owners have treated it with anything. Give it a few weeks to make sure the grass is clear of any chemicals.

You might also want to have a check what plants are growing in the garden as anything that is toxic for bunnies will need removing. Wild rabbits have a sense of what to and what not to eat, domestic rabbits however dont seem to care what they nibble on and so often will eat things they shouldnt :roll:
There are lists people can refer you to about safe and unsafe plant lists i would link to them but im using the internet on my phone atm so I cant copy and paste

Its not really in Norwich but Worlingham about 30 Mins from there. What vet do you use in the area?

Back