• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice on handling

Kittykat23uk

Mama Doe
Hi all,

Just wondered how people deal with buns who don't like being picked up. Both my new buns seem very nervous about being picked up- especially Sprocket. He's very friendly though and will come up to me for fussing. But panics as soon as I try and pick him up (when crouched down- so not even very far off the ground). Has anyone got any tips on winning his confindence? :D

Thanks,

Jo

Hey,

Some bunny's just are not 'picky up' bunnies. Biscuit (my nearly 6 month old) detests being picked up and no matter how much you try to hold him steady, he will not stop struggling, holding him close to you etc just doesn't help - i've got the scars / scratches (last night was the last occurence when trying to check him over after an incident..) to prove it.

Sometimes you just have to respect that it can't happen, but on the other hand, keep some healthy treats close, i can occasionally get biscuit to sit calmly on my lap and slowly lift him towards my chest if i offer him a piece of pear whilst doing it.

I'm not very experienced so im sure someone else can give much better advice but thats my 2cents worth :)

I Already have a way of getting them between the house and the garden in the pet carrier, but I'm hoping that they are still young enough to be tamed a little. :D :D

Back