• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What pet carrier to get?

alisont

Mama Doe
When I took Leo to the vets tonight for his myxi jab the one clip on his pet carrier broke - managed to carry him in the box didnt dare risk the handle.

Ive had that box best part of 20 years so time for a new one.

Wondering if I can risk using that one to get the guineas to boarding as Leo is heavier and moves about more, otherwise Il have to buy 2 new ones.

Seen the same plastic ones or there are some fabric ones - strong material. Dont use them hardley ever - just to transport in the back of the car to boarding or for vets visits.

Seem so many online but does anyone know of any rescues that have online shops who sell them as be nice to support them:) dont really want to buy from anywhere that sells animals.

Thanks

oooh let me find the link to the one i got.. its top opening and you can attach a strap it feels more sturdy than the atlas i used to have did...

ill add it to this post :D

I have 2 of these and I cant fault them, the vet evens comments every time I go because if you have a scardy bun they can open the top to look at them rather than trying to grab them through the hole in the front!!

Donnamt - I can get charlie in and thats saying something! You can get them in the front or the top and the front had a big opening..:D

I have 2 of these and I cant fault them, the vet evens comments every time I go because if you have a scardy bun they can open the top to look at them rather than trying to grab them through the hole in the front!!

Donnamt - I can get charlie in and thats saying something! You can get them in the front or the top and the front had a big opening..:D

Alvin is a vertical spring :shock::shock:

That sounds good thanks, I see about ordering one or even two.

Think plastic is best - easier to clean - canvas carriers and mouse pee not a good combination:lol:

well with mittens and charlie I use this carrier a lot to get to and fro to the run and we have it down to a T :D

charlie will go in the front on his own free will (with a little persuasion called a dandelion leaf) so once hes in I quickly shut the door because hes the hardest one to get in, with Mittens I can just pick her up easily and i quickly open the top and pop her in on top of charlie - its a bit of a comedy act but it works well for me! :lol::lol::lol:

Dandelion as a carrot - these carriers sound good, going to order one glad it's free p&p too.

Leo has always had the top open carry box - as soon as he goes in he is up on his back legs bobbing about like a merecat if you are not quick - Im amazed the box has lasted so long.

Might use the old box for Mevin and Parsnip guineas to get to boarding - they are a right plump pair so have outgrown the smaller box but they sit still unlike Leo so should be ok if I carry it as a box.

Bet I end up buying them a new one too:roll::)

Are they easy to open/close? From the photo it does look like a put them in and grab the top to get him in:lol:

Current one just has a lid that is hinged on one side and closes with clips the other.

Dandelion as a carrot - these carriers sound good, going to order one glad it's free p&p too.

Leo has always had the top open carry box - as soon as he goes in he is up on his back legs bobbing about like a merecat if you are not quick - Im amazed the box has lasted so long.

Might use the old box for Mevin and Parsnip guineas to get to boarding - they are a right plump pair so have outgrown the smaller box but they sit still unlike Leo so should be ok if I carry it as a box.

Bet I end up buying them a new one too:roll::)

yes i think you will, I bought the orange one and it was so good that I then bought the pink one for my other pair :oops:

Heads off to order one for now...........maybe another one once Ive tried them all in it! Have got a fereplast (?) one that Monty guinea uses - looks more like a small rodent sized one but he loves the security of it - only use it for getting to/from the car on holiday - as he seems happy to sleep in his indoor cage in the back of the car.

No cant buy 3:lol::roll:

Are they easy to open/close? From the photo it does look like a put them in and grab the top to get him in:lol:

Current one just has a lid that is hinged on one side and closes with clips the other.

yes the front door has a clasp that is really easy and no fiddling.
The top takes a few practices :lol: I had a few go's when I first put it together and as long as you line it up properly its easy peasy!!

The front door comes off as well its on a hinge, I leave mine off and leave it in the pen, Oreo sits on it :roll: but Sooty sleeps in it.
CIMG2575.jpg

They really are fab - oh yes and they have the handle so you can strap them in the car safely :D and theres plenty of room for 2 buns (and louise fits 4)
heres Mittens in hers
CIMG1819.jpg

I
think ive sold it to you (and Vicki now) - I should be on commission :lol:

yes the front door has a clasp that is really easy and no fiddling.
The top takes a few practices :lol: I had a few go's when I first put it together and as long as you line it up properly its easy peasy!!

The front door comes off as well its on a hinge, I leave mine off and leave it in the pen, Oreo sits on it :roll: but Sooty sleeps in it.
CIMG2575.jpg

They really are fab - oh yes and they have the handle so you can strap them in the car safely :D and theres plenty of room for 2 buns (and louise fits 4)
heres Mittens in hers
CIMG1819.jpg

think ive sold it to you (and Vicki now) - I should be on commission :lol:

:lol: It did say where did you hear about it and I said RU. Yes hope the top is alright mine don't like being pulled or pushed so that was the bit that really appealed to me - cute pics by the way :love::love:

Back