• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advertising another forum on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carrie14

Mama Doe
Hi, I think it should be added to the rules that you must not bump a thread that is advertising another forum.

I was completely unaware of this as were others who got infracted.

I have read the "rules" section and can not find a reference to it anywhere:?

The nearest I can get is Post, incite debate or send unsolicited PM's about your organisation, product, services or items for sale (including livestock). The forum does not allow advertising. However, you may post a text link to your website in your signature."

But it was not my product:?

Just a thought to include bumping a thread that is advertising, even if it is not your thread, is against the rules:)

So we cant respond to a thread if the OP mentions another Forum :?

Sorry, I am totally confused about some Forum Rules these days :?

Hi, I think it should be added to the rules that you must not bump a thread that is advertising another forum.

I was completely unaware of this as were others who got infracted.

I have read the "rules" section and can not find a reference to it anywhere:?

The nearest I can get is Post, incite debate or send unsolicited PM's about your organisation, product, services or items for sale (including livestock). The forum does not allow advertising. However, you may post a text link to your website in your signature."

But it was not my product:?

Just a thought to include bumping a thread that is advertising, even if it is not your thread, is against the rules:)

I'm a bit confused too, although I haven't been infracted. :?
If livestock is not supposed to be advertised here, how come some breeders are allowed to post photos of their livestock?:?

I dont really know if I am aloud to copy/paste from a PM from a mod..

but I really feel that I broke no rules:?

I would have thought that common sense would suggest you dont promote rival forums in the same way sainsbusrys wouldnt allow morrisons to advertise in their store.....but I might have got the wrong end of the stick :?

I would have thought that common sense would suggest you dont promote rival forums in the same way sainsbusrys wouldnt allow morrisons to advertise in their store.....but I might have got the wrong end of the stick :?

Yes, but people are aloud to talk about facebook, Goldenbunnies, etc without getting infracted:?

Yes, but people are aloud to talk about facebook, Goldenbunnies, etc without getting infracted:?

Maybe it was the way in which you were talking about it. I'm guessing you're meaning CB.

I wouldn't talk about it on a thread. If you have a problem then pm a mod. :)

Maybe it was the way in which you were talking about it. I'm guessing you're meaning CB.

I was not talking about it on the thread;)

Anyway my main point is the rules need updating to include this, because then I would not have had an infraction:cry:

I was not talking about it on the thread;)

Anyway my main point is the rules need updating to include this, because then I would not have had an infraction:cry:

Yes! That is a good point! Maybe pm Tamsin and say you're concerned that others will get confused as the rules aren't very clear. That it'll help if it's spelled out exactly what you're allowed.

The way I see it, you're allowed to have it in your sig...but not in threads. FB is different.......I think. :?

I agree with this. Probably best to PM someone. Leanne seems lovely and takes the time to respond to PM's unlike others.

If you have a question about the rules or messages you have received please contact me or a mod privately - as per the rules.

There is no blanket ban on mentioning forums either in posts or signatures - hence our rules do not say 'you may not post links to forums'. However posts containing links to forums, or any other website, must meet our other rules. Including, as posted:

Post, incite debate or send unsolicited PM's about your organisation, product, services or items for sale (including livestock).

A forum would count as an organisation/service - I will amend the rules to make this clearer.

You would also have to obey all the other rules such as not being nasty or causing arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back