• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Why is Puzzle pulling out Moo's hair?

Sami M

Mama Doe
Yesterday I noticed Moo had a small patch of hair missing off her back, there is no blood and the skin is not raw. I thought she has just caught herself when playing and didnt think anymore of it!
Anyway this morning I noticed puzzle grooming her but he was actually pulling her hair out!! The patch is about twice the size now, it didnt seem to hurt her cause she is bossy and wouldnt take any strife off puzzle! Im not sure what to do?

Thanks Sam x

Are Puzzle and Moo both neutered? Is either of them poorly at the moment? It sounds like a bit of over allogrooming to me at the moment. :?

Hello!! Sounds like a bit of barbering to me...BB had this done to him by Lily when they were together.
Do they get out often?? Sometimes it could be boredom.....or just over loving!!
Keep an eye, just to make sure not alot more gets done BB looked like that leadsinger from Nickelback!! Beard, the lot!!!

Back