• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

quick question :)

neenee

Warren Scout
Id been worming my three rabbits for 3 days until my french lop knocked over the whole lot so obviously ive had to stop. Ive ordered a new bottle so it should come in a few days and ive decided to only worm one rabbit atm as i suspect she may have worms (under-weight,diarrhea) because all in all it will work out really expensive. I will worm other two once ive wormed her when i have more money too. So when i re-start worming do i just start the 28 day course again or do i still count those three days? :?

Id been worming my three rabbits for 3 days until my french lop knocked over the whole lot so obviously ive had to stop. Ive ordered a new bottle so it should come in a few days and ive decided to only worm one rabbit atm as i suspect she may have worms (under-weight,diarrhea) because all in all it will work out really expensive. I will worm other two once ive wormed her when i have more money too. So when i re-start worming do i just start the 28 day course again or do i still count those three days? :?

The course for worming is I think only 9 days. The 28 days tends to relate to E.cuniculi. So it would depend on which parasite you are trying to treat the length of time you give it. I would certainly begin the course again if there had been a sufficient break of several days as it is the life cycle of the parasite that you are trying to interrupt.

worming

I would have thought you would be better worming all together, as if one of the other buns has even a couple of worms, they could reinfected the wormed rabbit who will have lowered immunity? then vice versa when you do the others. :)

I would have thought you would be better worming all together, as if one of the other buns has even a couple of worms, they could reinfected the wormed rabbit who will have lowered immunity? then vice versa when you do the others. :)

I was planning on doing this but my funds have changed and ive had to buy another bottle due to clumsy rabbits :roll: I figured for a 28 day course for all rabbits id have to buy quite alot of bottles :shock: Do i really need to do the whole 28 days? or will i just give it to her until the bottle runs out? They are protected against everything they possibly can be so i dont want to risk them getting e cuniculi...

Back