• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grooming

mclaugh

Warren Scout
Our two bunnies are very happily bonded for just over a month now but the grooming is all one sided.
He'll sit there and groom her for ages but then when he wants to be groomed, and he makes it obvious, she just goes off on her merry way :roll:

Feeling sorry for Donnie, I've seen him shove his head under her, massive hints but she just ignores him.

Will she eventually get it and groom him? Is there anyway I can encourage it? I've heard banana on the head but our two don't like banana... and I'm not sure how to get carrot tops to stay up there :lol:

Somebunnies take a while to groom. Cloud took a good 6 months to groom the Dopeys, however, some bunnies never groom. I don't think Floss grooms Dusk, and they have been together nearly a year. He might get his company and what he needs from her in another way. A month is still very early on and once things are settled maybe she will groom him.

Every time I've bonded Nutmeg she never grooms straight away. Some bunnies just don't do it much.

Maybe abit more time.....Ive seen my 2 do the same....its so heartbreaking when they do just litteraly ignore the one wanting some love & just hop off....!:shock::lol: its seems so rude & abit harsh! But I guess its all about hierachy too...maybe they showing that.....:?

Back