• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

stasis u/d possible EC u/d he has died

tdsouza

Warren Scout
My little Hopper stopped eating this morning and he was diagnosed with slight stasis but I was told if he wasn't eating by morning to take him back

He has had two doses now of Metoclopramido, should I be seeing improvement by now?

Any advise would be great

Last edited:
sometimes it can take a few days of treatment to kick start the gut.

most important for your bunny is pain relief and fluids and if a blockage has been ruled out force feeding by a syringe.

did your bunny get pain relief because if not theres a huge chance it could get so much worse, first time my bunny didnt get pain relief he was admitted on the night to the emergency vets and put onto a drip with very strong pain killers.

has your bun drank or eaten anything at all?

he was put on pain relieve by the vet just incase.

The vet checked his teeth, blockages and weight. His weight had dropped a little, no blockages and no spurs so its believed to be down to molting

He has drank a little and the vet showed me how to check for dehydration.
He eat a very very small amount of hay, water cress and spring greens but this was a very tiny amount.

it is progress though :D:D

loads of vibes for your little un, just keep tempting with lovely wet veg and annoying with hay.. fingers crossed tomorrow will be like nothing happened xxx

Parsley usually gets alvin eating ;)

he has been sitting on his favourite shelf all day not really moving he will allow a few nose rubs but I can't really get to him where he is.

I have been checking for poops but I can't see any

can take hours and hours for poops to arrive after stasis, i also find making alvin run around for a few mins every couple of hours gets the gut moving too, if he isnt moving around his gut probably wont be in any rush to move again either.

i hate stasis so much :(

i've tried mint and some of his favourite herbal mix's but no joy,I will head out shortly and pick up some herbs for him. He had never been able to resist Parsley

ooooh i dare him to resist dandelions. hope he feels better soon but if not tomorrow ask for an injection of fluids under the skin as well as more pain and gut stuff... work wonders the fluid injections do :love:

Agree with the idea of getting him to run around a bit - that helps shift any gas and gets things going again. How about a bit of banana? Last time Clo had stasis I cut a slice of banana and covered in dried fenugreek - that tempted him :)

he has never been too keen on Banana but I am trying all the treats i have.

Just come back from the shops armed with Parsley and Basil and he had a little bit of both.

He has come down one level and I am now trying to cox him all the way out then I can get him to move a bit. Fingers crossed this is working.

Hopper was admitted to the vets this morning and they are keeping him in for a couple of days. They will be putting him on fluids, pain relieve and gut stimulas.

Alvin was gone overnight once too, Pearl didnt seem too bothered but she groomed every inch of him when he finally came home :love::love:

stasis is evil and it makes sane people poop obsessed :oops: hes in the best place for now and when he comes home itll be like it never happened :D

Twinkle stayed in overnight last week at the vets with statis... I am so glad she did.. as she is now on the road to recovery. Hope your bunny gets better soon x

Back