• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ramps and Other Double Decker Hutch Issues...

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
Double decker hutches with ramps... I read somewhere buns can get their legs caught underneath the ramp and break a limb... is this true?

Last edited:
As long as its secure it should be fine, rabbits can break there legs jumping runnin etc jumping in and out of litter trays and dog cages, we can only do they best we can in prevention

You also need to check how slippy the ramp is. The hutch we got was huge, and good quality, but the ramp didn't have non-slip grip on it, so we had to put some on before using it.

You also need to check how slippy the ramp is. The hutch we got was huge, and good quality, but the ramp didn't have non-slip grip on it, so we had to put some on before using it.

oo thats a good idea. :wave: OH has lined our hutch with lino and made bases for the indoor ones with board and lino (this is for the rabbits he didnt want and reckons he doesnt like :lol:)

thanks guys

also, if I get a hutch with a run underneath, should I attach a run to the front as well? the run would be 6ft by 2ft same as the hutch, but doesnt seem big enough somehow..

thanks guys

also, if I get a hutch with a run underneath, should I attach a run to the front as well? the run would be 6ft by 2ft same as the hutch, but doesnt seem big enough somehow..

The bigger the better, and a run attached would be lovely for the buns :thumb:

I'm looking for my two little fatties you see... would I be better giving them a small run then getting a big one later to build up their exercise gradually? or just go the whole hog. im confident they've never had a run before or surely they couldnt be so big! poor things

I'm looking for my two little fatties you see... would I be better giving them a small run then getting a big one later to build up their exercise gradually? or just go the whole hog. im confident they've never had a run before or surely they couldnt be so big! poor things

You might as well go the whole hog straight away - they will venture out as far as they're comfortable with. We keep extending the space my boys have, and the more space they've got the happier they are and the more they run about and binky - it's lovely!!!:love:

:) I suppose that they will choose how much exercise they do. I dont think they could binky right now :( but a bigger run might encourage them to adventure

Back