• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Individual: Two bunnies needing home - Surrey / Hampshire

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on beghalf of new_horizon

Physical Description
Sweep - One black neutered male lop (2.5 years old).
Pumpkin - One sooty fawn spayed female lop (2.5 years old)

Temperament
Do not like to be handled, enjoy running around outside and generally being observed rather than playing! Pumpkin is a mischievious little madam, who is incredibly good at jumping and running about. Sweep is a bit of a misery guts, but is funny to watch stooping around.

Sex
Male and Female

Neuter Status
Both neutered

Vaccination Status
Not vaccinated

Health
Both in good health - the sooty fawn lop has been treated for dry skin on her ears in the past.

Type of home wanted
Home where they are able to run around outside and generally mooch about doing their own thing. Preferably on a foster basis for a year and a half.

Reason for rehoming
Sadly we are unable to keep these two buns at the moment as we do not have the room for two hutches where we are currently staying. We have three buns here and these two were living with my partners Mum. Unfortunately, she is having an extension built and cannot house them anymore. We understand the problems with unwanted rabbits and therefore would like to pay a kind person a fee per month to look after them for about 1.5 years and then take them back when we have our own place - a large hutch and run can be provided too if necessary.

Are these 2 buns bonded, couldn't see it mentioning if they are or not? Would th owners be willing to have their vaccinations done? Are there any pictures?

Hi there,

Forgot to include some pics of the bunnies, which I will forward to an admin later - yes they are bonded and very much attached to one another - they are actually my girlfriend's so I will check the vaccination question later :)

They are both currently living in Waterlooville, Hampshire - I have spoken to my girlfriend and she would be willing to pay for the vaccination fees :) I have photos if you would like me to send them to you?

They are both currently living in Waterlooville, Hampshire - I have spoken to my girlfriend and she would be willing to pay for the vaccination fees :) I have photos if you would like me to send them to you?

Would you possibly be able to put a photo of each of them on this thread, this usually attracts more interest? Will PM you as well.

Hi, I'm actually the owner of these two buns but haven't had time to come online due to a hectic work schedule! Before anyone fosters Pumpkin and Sweep they will be vaccinated and I'm happy to pay for this to be kept up to date.

I have a double storey 6ft hutch with attached run that the 'foster parents' :D are welcome to use (I have pics). At the moment Pumpkin and Sweep are used to spending a few hours in the garden everyday as the run isn't huge. The run could be detached if it's not practical - it's built to go round a corner.

In terms of food and hay I'd be looking to set up a direct debit each month (or something similar). They're currently on Burgess Excell Junior and Dwarf and won't eat the adult. They could slowly be weaned onto something similar (Science selective etc.) if needs be.

I think my boyfriend, Mark, has been a tad harsh in his description of Pumpkin and Sweep. They're independent but in no ways aggressive. They'll come up to you if you're near their run, particularly if you have greens or some banana!
They're very inquisitive and like to jump onto the top of their run when they're in the garden (which is quite high!). When they've had enough excitement they'll head back into their hutch to stretch out and groom eachother.

If you have anymore questions then please ask.

What a shame I haven't got the space here 'cos I'm not far from you :(

Sweep and Pumpkin sound gorgeous :love:

Hi, I'm actually the owner of these two buns but haven't had time to come online due to a hectic work schedule! Before anyone fosters Pumpkin and Sweep they will be vaccinated and I'm happy to pay for this to be kept up to date.

If you have anymore questions then please ask.

Hi I have sent your boyfriend a PM, with some questions :)

Pictures of Pumpkin, Sweep and the Hutch / Run!

CIMG0025.jpg

CIMG0039.jpg

Photo-0062.jpg

CIMG0057.jpg

Photo-0085A.jpg

hutch2.jpg

hutch1.jpg

Sorry, the pics aren't very good quality and are rather large. The run is now stained and the hutch has bolts.

Just to let everyone know that these two still require a foster home soon! unfortunately Foofy couldn't take them on in the end...

Still in need of a home...

Hi All,

Pumpkin and Sweep are still in need of a foster home at the moment - they can only stay where they are until August at the latest so time is running out :-(

STILL in need

Hi All,

Just wanted to refresh this post, because sadly it seems that two potential suitors for these bunnies are unable to take them on...

They have had their vaccinations and any potential foster home will benefit from the hutch/run for the duration of the foster period, food/hay money per month (likely to be via direct debit) and obviously vet bills etc.

Please please please help if you can - they are currently located in Waterlooville, Hampshire, but transport can be arranged.

Thanks

Mark

Awww sorry I can't help atm I do hope someone can help these two they are beautiful, I hope you are doing thorough homechecks for them :love:

Really wish I could help (gosport area) but I Dont really have anywhere for them to live....Hope you find someone soon :wave:

Back