• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best sizes for 1 rabbit?

alisont

Mama Doe
Im thinking of getting Leo a new hutch over summer - he is a medium sized rabbit who lives on his own. He is now 13 and does not move about like he use to - space for current hutch is 5 foot but do have an empty 4 foot hutch I could maybe move to make more space.

He has a run he uses in nice weather in the garden - but never runs about like he use to now seems content just sitting/chilling on the grass now.

Hes never used a ramp before so looking at single level hutch - where i keep the hutch is on concrete so I dont think one with a run with it would work.
Its not that he seems unhappy in his current hutch but Id like to look at options - nothing wrong with current hutch really but its about 4 years old now. Would like one a bit bigger/taller for him.

What is the minimum size hutch for 1 rabbit? I shall do some measuring up after the hols see what I can fit in, would like to buy off a small company but would need to be easy to make up - DIY not my strong point!

Back