• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tail Twitching

EverDream

New Kit
Hello everyone!:wave:
I've noticed something strange with my eldest rabbit. He's a dutch rabbit, around 5 years old, about 5 lbs, and not neutered.
For the past week, his tail is constantly twitching. It twitches when he's moving around, and when he sprawled out against the floor. Now I've been reading up on it, and most websites say it's a territorial thing, but my dad thinks it's something else. Could the contstant tail twitching be caused by some kind of illness? He has fur mites, but we're treating it by giving him a bath using sulfer shampoo. I read somewhere else that you can dab mouthwash onto the fur mites to kill them off, but I'm not sure if it's harmful for him.
I'm looking at him now. He's sprawled out on the tile floor, and his tail is still twitching, slightly tho.
any thoughts?

Back