• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Romeos House

Romeosmommy

Warren Scout
I think he needs some levels in it. What do you recommend? I put a box in there for him to play with but he just tosses it about! :D Hubby is on about making some shelves and then giving him a ladder to go and down. Do you think this is a good idea and is it ok to use old pallets that hubby has at work?Is there anything else that I can put in there for Romeo to keep him entertained? Thank you in advance :D

What cage / house is he in at the moment? If you could post pics and sizes, people can advise you on the best set up. :D

What cage / house is he in at the moment? If you could post pics and sizes, people can advise you on the best set up. :D

sorry yeah, he is in shed that has been converted into his home. It is 6ft by 4ft and at the moment he has sawdust and hay and straw on the floor, an old dolls house that he likes playing in and some toys that he plays with

sorry yeah, he is in shed that has been converted into his home. It is 6ft by 4ft and at the moment he has sawdust and hay and straw on the floor, an old dolls house that he likes playing in and some toys that he plays with

In that case, then you could create another level. I'd be inclined to build it almost like a hollow box (think a table with extra horizontal supports) as opposed to a shelf as it would be more stable. You could either build a ramp for it, or build a smaller box like a stool for him to jump onto and then on to the second level.

If the second level will cover almost all of the first, then make sure it's high enough that he can still stand up on his back legs under it. :D

In that case, then you could create another level. I'd be inclined to build it almost like a hollow box (think a table with extra horizontal supports) as opposed to a shelf as it would be more stable. You could either build a ramp for it, or build a smaller box like a stool for him to jump onto and then on to the second level.

If the second level will cover almost all of the first, then make sure it's high enough that he can still stand up on his back legs under it. :D

thanks for the advice i will defiantely take this on board

Back