• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Science Selective 70g

lja401

Warren Scout
Hi all,

Science Selective says to feedadult rabbits 70g. Should we be feeding him exactly what it says on the bag? At the moment we feed him just over half of that plus unlimited hay and a brussel sprout a day. Is this ok?

Thanks. x

Hiya, how old is your bunny? :) A rabbits diet should be 80% hay, followed by 10% veg and 10% pellets. Science Selective is a really good pellet, my rabbits have this. All my rabbits get 1 small handful a day :) The more SS you feed, the less hay your bunny will eat ;) xXx

o_O i dont measure mine. My two get just less than a handful each lol. A bit more for Ellie because she is rather large :p

Noel is 7 months old.

Will give him a couple of egg cupfuls a day then and stick to the hay and a few veggies. :)

How big is he too? There are loads of factors in how much exactly a rabbit should eat so go with a rough amount then monitor his weight. If he gets podgy reduce it if he drops weight add a little more.

Science Selective says to feedadult rabbits 70g. Should we be feeding him exactly what it says on the bag? At the moment we feed him just over half of that

The RWA magazine vets recommend a tablespoon a day for small/average sized rabbits and two tablespoons a day for giant rabbits. I weighed a tablespoon of Science Selective pellets and it came to 15g.... :shock:

Remember, pet food manufacturers want your money ;) They'll get more out of you if you're feeding 70g per day than if you're feeding 15g per day.

Back