• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

my bugs ( yes thats his name!!) is allergic to pets at home hay!!!!!

amme

Warren Scout
:D i have noticed that when i put it in the hutch he starts sneezing at it all the time. I have taken him to the vets and he is o.k. BUt i noticed tonight that his nose is streaming and he is sneezing all the time. Mind you my other rabbir "breeze" decided to pull the blanket over the hutch and trap bugs in there so he was inhaling all the hay!!!

I have now taken them both out to have a run around the patio to get some fresh air into their lungs, cleaned out the hutch and covered the bottom of it newspaper and timothy hay- it used up a whole bag!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you think farm hay will be o.k??? or will that have too many spores in it???? He seemed fine with farm hay before but it has been recently since i have put pets at home in that he has been sneezing.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Pets at Home hay is rubbish tbh !!
Its more like sweepings from the barn floor. I am sure some good quality hay purchased direct from a farm will be much better :)

Pets at Home hay is rubbish tbh !!
Its more like sweepings from the barn floor. I am sure some good quality hay purchased direct from a farm will be much better :)

thats o.k then. i will pop and get some as we didnt have time over the weekend to go to a farm, as the kids are ill. Thats a job for tomoro then.

aw bless! My buns sneeze when im putting the hay in lmao. but then they do insist on sitting in the litter tray while im trying to put it in :roll:

Back