• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Couple of questions about litter trays and bedding.

npg1

Young Bun
I currently have my 2 lionhead babies in the outhouse in their 2 story hutch, they are free range in that area during the day. When their hutch was outside they used the downstairs alot, now they are inside they are upstairs all the time and use the downstairs as their 'toilet' area. I put a litter tray in there and they use it alot of the time but still spread sometimes. I also found I was using so much bedding as I like to overload! I have now put an old towel in the bottom section with the litter tray ontop, is this ok? My plan is to wash it in the machine as wee still gets on the towel, will this be ok?

I am now putting bedding upstairs and lots of hay. They are 7 months now so trying to wean off the huge amounts of pellets they eat and the past couple days they have been eating loads of hay and veg and sage!! Although tonight I am all out of hay and veg as shopping didnt turn up last night, luckily I can pop down shops and get hay tomorrow!

Thanks

Lots of people do different things in hutches, so I don't use any bedding as such, I line hutches with newspapers and then just have litter trays or dog beds with loads of hay in. I do get odd poos around but not actual toilet spots (well once or twice, but they get whipped away and cleaned sharp!) outside of the litter tray. With previous foster buns, if they developed a new toilet spot I stuck another litter tray there to try and keep it restricted!!

Back