PDA

View Full Version : theo didn't touch his pellets this morning :(

Ted an Petal
04-01-2010, 09:13 AM
last week they where being fed around 10.00 but i've started back to work this morning so they got fed early and theo never looked at his pellets. ted and petal devoured theres. he also didn't finish them yesterday. the water bottles has frozen over night so not sure if he was just a little thirsty so therefore couldn't think to eat his pellets. i did manage to get him to eat a fenugreek crunchy then he just went and sat in a ball. he wasn't teeth grinding and had been running about. could he just have been cold and thirsty? i really hope he's okay as i started back to work this morning.

Birdie
04-01-2010, 10:24 AM
If he hasn;t eaten by the time you get home i would maybe give him some recovery mix which you can syringe in to keep his gut functioning. Your vet sould have this.

My Benj also perked up if he had some smootie although not too much so they will get tummy ache.

It as been very cold out, are tey outside?? Could you move them into a shed or garage were it is a little warmer.

Ted an Petal
04-01-2010, 10:32 AM
thanks for the reply they live in the shed which is converted. he doesn't seem to have as thick a coat as ted and petal. ted went up to see him after her breakfast to keep him warm. hopefully he'll eat something when i go home. i might put the heater on tonight for them to see if that helps.

giantbunnymummy
04-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Vibes for Theo. Hope he's eating later. Be careful with syringe feeding - best not to do it until he's seen a vet just in case there's an impaction.

Jessica Rabbit
05-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Hi Linz
Sorry only just seen this.
How is Theo today? I hope he's o.k.
I too am worrying about the buns now I am back at work.

Jetstreem
05-01-2010, 12:43 PM
How is Theo today? I hope he is feeling a bit more like himself.

Ted an Petal
05-01-2010, 01:05 PM
thanks guys theo was more himself this morning, i think he was just so cold yesterday and the water bottles had frozen over night. when i went home he was munching away on his hay, he ate them no problem this morning. pheweee. such a rascal scaring his mummy like that.

Jessica Rabbit
05-01-2010, 01:15 PM
Norty Theo - Scaring Mummy like that:lol::lol:

Glad he's o.k Linz :D:D

Ted an Petal
05-01-2010, 01:16 PM
lol cheers jayne this weather is just making them behave differently.

Michelleox
05-01-2010, 01:21 PM
I do find that if i feed mine at a different time they aren't overly interested:roll:

Glad he's feeling better x

ShazzaBunny
05-01-2010, 05:14 PM
Glad he is feeling better now :) what a fright you must have got though.