• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Funny eye

Bobbybobtail

Warren Scout
Does anyone know about eyes? I have 2 buns that are fine and healthy, thank goodness. However, in my local pets at home they have a bunny up for adoption. He has one eye that looks different. It looks like the pupil has leaked into the rest of his eye, so the black bit is not round The other eye appears normal. The bunny in question is very laid back- I held him and checked teeth, bum, feet etc and he didn't struggle. He may be slightly overweight, but the eye is bothering me a bit. I wouldn't want to adopt him if it was indicative of something serious like a brain tumour-would rather someone with expertise with poorly bunnies took him on. If anyone can tell me what to look out for that would be great as I will go back tomorrow and have another look.
He's in PAH Wokingham if anyone is local- called Bugsy- white with black stripe. I will try to take a photo tomorrow. Also, if anyone has any experience with adopting from PAH, would be great if they can pass on any tips. Apart from the size of the cage, they appear to be taking good care of him. The member of staff let him run around on the floor, but I don't think this is a regular occurrence.
Thanks in advance.
Claire

I know that in humans an irregular pupil can just be a genetic trait. Could be the same in bunnies if he seems fine otherwise.

Back