• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

biggest rabbit hutch

I had a Nero 4 for Kermit, it really isnt big enough for one bun let alone two.

What about a NIC Cubes setup?

no dont want nic cubes, Partner says if there staying in he wants a plastic cage for them not a wooden one

Did I read that right... 'suitable for giant rabbits'... Thistle would be touching both ends at once if he laid down in there. :shock:

Just done a quick bit of research online... ;)

I can understand why you might not want a wooden cage indoors. The smells are harder to shift! Have you considered something like this? Obviously ditch the stand or bun will have a bit of a drop when he hops out! :lol: I know this ones a little expensive but I'm sure you could find something similar for less. It doesn't actually say the length anywhere (that I could work out!) but it says the height is 153 and from the picture, the length looks to be one and a half times the height (including the stand). No idea why it's on a scuba diving website either! :lol:

EDIT - I only forgot to put the ruddy link in! :roll::roll::roll::roll:
http://shop.diveline.co.uk/2986/Mon...oogle&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=pid2986

Thats wicked, going to order it tomorrow, Yay:D:wave:

I've just bought an almost identical cage from Jollye's for £97 to house two guinea's. If I was keeping bunnies in it, I'd have to make sure it had a run attached as it's not really big enough for them to stay in permanently. It's just a inch short of 5ft by 2ft 6".

For Guinea's it's big enough to add three 'levels' to increase the space but you'd only be able to add one level for bunnies - and that would be pushing it as it's not very high.

I should add that the ladder up to the first floor is absolutely useless - I'd suggest you ditch it and make something else. For starters, it's way too steep and secondly, a bunny is liable to catch a foot in it and cause itself serious injury.

That said, it's about the biggest indoor pre-manufactured cage you can buy. Good luck with it and send pictures once it's all set up!

Last edited:
i have the trixie 150 cage for my two piggies at the minute but even they don't seem to have enough room when the toys and bowls are added etc...

would be fine as a 'base' for rabbits though, but i wouldn't shut them in it for any amount of time as it is way too small.

:wave:

Don't know if it is too late, but there was a massive cage on the german zooplus website. I will try to find the link for you. It's 6 foot- my buns have one. It was brought back from germany by a friend, but they might deliver to the uk.

Back