• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Better late than never

davinab

Young Bun
Hi Guys

I have already posted a query so thought it best to introduce myself.
I live on the West coast of Scotland and though not in my first flush of youth
could not resist a rehome I spotted in our local Petsmart he is supposed to be a true English Lop and is growing rapidly and trashing the house,despite following him around closely, I seem to miss the odd second when he decides to nibble or scratch something.
It is 30 yrs since I kept and showed rabbits, so a house rabbit (till summer) is a learning curve.
He will be acclimatized and has been neutered (6mnths old) my grand plan is to rehome a similar doe in spring and hope to have them live happily ever after....... They will have an indoor hutch with indoor run approx 8' x 12', plus an outside run so he can enjoy the grass.We are remote from houses and roads, but there are birds of prey , foxes, pine martens, otters and the odd mink ,so the run will be very robust.
Because of the length of his ears , they drag on the ground I will need to be careful what ground her walks on and have realised I need to keep his toe nails short as he tends to walk on, and scratch, his ears.

Back