• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So sad!

TINKS30ish

Warren Scout
I really don`t want to go in to too much detail, But the upshot is i have to rehome most of my animals! :cry: I have flower-daisy who most of you will have heard of, she is a black mini lop, 9mths and was neutered resently and then the other week i took on noah, a white and grey, dwarf lop about 2 and is neutered. They have bonded now and are happy together.:love:. But today things have happend and i find myself in the situation of having to rehome them. They have both always lived in. They are very friendly. If anyone can offer them a home or recomend a rescue near me (Swindon, Wiltshire) Then please contact me. Please bear in mind i did not know this would happen and am really upset about this. I am just trying to do the best for my bunnies.:cry:

I am sorry. Is there anything that could be done to help you keep them with you? Rescues are jam packed at the minute.

Could you post a little more into the reasons why you are having to rehome and people may have some suggestions for you as to what you could do to keep them.

Oh no! You said 'most' of your pets....do the buns 'have ' to go?...will rehoming any of the other animals help keep the buns...without seeming insensitive...just that as rescues are chocca it may be 'easier' to rehome the other pets?? Please I don't mean any offense jess what -so -ever If I have worded this inappropriatley...so sad you are having to make this awful decision:(

It`s ok lildebs it sounded fine. Being realistic all rescues are going to be just as full, so i am looking at who has the best chance of being rehomed. Unfortunatly old/sick ferrets and dogs are going to find it harder than the bunnies. At least they are both neutered and have each other now. I am thankfull for that.

If anyone can help the others that need homes are the frogs, the marine tank, the cockateils and a pond.

yes I see the logic...have you tried to put a shout out on in rabbits need section? I think that's where you can put it?

So sorry it must be really hard for you. The Blue Cross at Burford is in your catchment area I believe. Hope you can sort homes out for them soon. Or what about long term fostering until you sort yourself out.

Only rescues can post on the in need section, so i am hoping to catch soad online to ask her to make a post for me. I will try blue cross, but thought i would try here first as i know they are more lightly to get a better home here.

Only rescues can post on the in need section, so i am hoping to catch soad online to ask her to make a post for me. I will try blue cross, but thought i would try here first as i know they are more lightly to get a better home here.

Blue Cross are good as I have been there and know their adoption procedure. They have large accommodation for the bunnies whilst they wait for their forever home. I agree about getting some pics and putting them in Rabbits in Need.

Blue Cross are good as I have been there and know their adoption procedure. They have large accommodation for the bunnies whilst they wait for their forever home. I agree about getting some pics and putting them in Rabbits in Need.

Oh thankyou so much for letting me know they are a bunny friendly rescue! I feel abit happier about contacting them now.

Hi! Sorry to hear you have to rehome your pets. :( I had a scare a couple years ago when my parents decided to move and there wasn't a shed or anything at this house. I had an aviary full of birds and six rabbits at home. Luckily, the guy selling us this place let us in earlier than expected so we managed to get it sorted. I have a lot of sympathy for the way you must be feeling right now. :(

I can't offer any of your pets a home myself, but I do have a friend who keeps ferrets and she might be interested :) Where abouts do you live? I'm the Isle of Wight right down south so if you're quite a way away, it might not work out to well but I thought I'd at least mention it, just in case. :)

Hi! Sorry to hear you have to rehome your pets. :( I had a scare a couple years ago when my parents decided to move and there wasn't a shed or anything at this house. I had an aviary full of birds and six rabbits at home. Luckily, the guy selling us this place let us in earlier than expected so we managed to get it sorted. I have a lot of sympathy for the way you must be feeling right now. :(

I can't offer any of your pets a home myself, but I do have a friend who keeps ferrets and she might be interested :) Where abouts do you live? I'm the Isle of Wight right down south so if you're quite a way away, it might not work out to well but I thought I'd at least mention it, just in case. :)

Thankyou so much! Some people are being really understanding and others just want to knock me when i am down! 2 of the ferrets came for a rescue and they have gone back there yesterday :(. The other 2 i will keep as they are older and will be harder to rehome. But Thankyou so much!!!

You're most welcome. :) I know exactly what you mean too, it's hard knowing what to do for the best and sometimes, when you feel you've made your mind up, someone will suggest something different and it makes you feel like your heads going to explode trying to deal with it! :lol: I'm sure no one on here will be purposely trying to upset you though. :)

I hope you get it all sorted out soon, and wish I could be of more help.

Back