• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed conversion today Updated pics page 2

Crunchie

Warren Veteran
Well me and mum set about the shed that's going to be Roly and Honey's new home. The plan today was to get the door leading for the run to the shed done, put a window into the shed and add some vents too. we were hoping also to lay some lino on the floor and put wire around the sides of the hutch so our naughty bunsters can't chew the sides.

The run has always been attached to the big shed but up until now it was used for garden furniture, bikes and boring stuff like that.
Image0157.jpg

Anyway first mum cut holes into the hut for the window, door and a vent. I can't be trusted with power tools (or any sharp objects for that matter).
Image0161.jpg

Woe is me, the bunnies did not like the use of power tools in the garden and shot behind the other shed at the other end of the garden
Image0158.jpg

Then we made the door inside though we still need a wee knob (snigger) for it
Image0165.jpg

But it looks not bad now it's been fitted. I made the toggle *smug grin*
Image0167.jpg

Mum asked me to scrub the floor of the shed ready for the lino. So being a generally obediant child I did so. I went inside for 5 minutes and came back to find this...
Image0166.jpg

Once I'd scrubbed the little tiny muddy pawprints we left the hut floor drying out and went to the garden centre to try and find some more toys for the shed. When we came back we laid the lino and the window had glass added. We'll be adding the wire at some point this weekend so they can have use of it. Hopefully we can find us some strong men to lift the hutch into the shed for us as well so the buns will have the full 8'x5' run.

I'm really excited and happy that mum has allowed me the use of this shed for the bunnies. I'm also very greatful that she's quite a handy mum as it's been a lot of fun doing this wee project.

Last edited:
By the way does anyone want to buy an old shelving unit complete with small realistic bunny oranment?
Image0156.jpg

He wees, poos and nibbles realisticaly.

looking good, you have some very lucky buns.
your mothers day present needs to be really really good next year.............your mum is a star:lol:

I love to see other women get to grips with DIY. :)

I can have a go at various things and really enjoy making stuff.

Love the bunnies paw print art. :lol:

It looks great! Lovely door catch :D

Pop the shelves in the shed/run, they'll probably enjoy climbing on them/hiding under them :)

Well it's all ready for them to have a wee shot in now. The wire is all around the edges and we have a few toys and hay for them in there. Now we just need a couple of big strong men to lift the hutch into it.

P1070182.JPG

Mum put some photos on the wall for the bunnies to look at, she's weird that way
P1070184.JPG

Vent from the inside looking tidy, shame it looks awful from the putside but we need another vent to go over the hole
P1070185.JPG

The wee door from the inside
P1070186.JPG

As I say mum is odd
P1070187.JPG

Here's what it looks like from inside the run
P1070188.JPG

It really needs a few tunnels etc

P1070189.JPG

P1070190.JPG

P1070204.JPG

P1070206.JPG

Once we get the hutch in that'll be it all done, the buns will have an area of 38 square feet to play inddors and 40 square feet outdoors giving them 78 square feet altogether.:D

i'm afraid that's far too much space for two bunnies...you're definitely gonna need a couple more ;)

I don't think I could introduce another rabbit, Honey is just so bossy and knowing my luck I'd end up with another bunny prone to problems then it and Honey will render me skint.:lol:

Funnily enough I know someone who's trying to get rid of a rabbit but it's a Netherland dwarf so I doubt it'd go well with my two.:shock:

Back