• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Leaning to one side

Sakura6267

Warren Scout
There's a different issue with Yuki now. He's eating more, but it seems he's leaning a little bit to the right, like more weight to the right than left. When he's sitting he does look straight and normal. The problem is that he has his right leg kind of tucked under him, close to the left leg. Has anyone ever had this kind of experience before? The leg doesn't seem hurt, and he's hopping fine. Why would he be doing this? He's not leaning a lot to the right, it just seems to be his leg because it's tucked under him at a strange angle.

I agree I think he needs to see a rabbit savvy vet. I hope he is still eating and pooping ok and is otherwise improved? Lots of vibes x

He's going back to the vet this afternoon. He has started eating more and his poop seems normal too. It's just that leg he keeps tucking in. He's hopping around completely normal so I don't think it's causing him pain. But why is he holding it crossed over like that? It's so strange. I wish he would just get better. I love him so much and can't stand seeing him sick. :(

I got back from the vet just now and the doctor couldn't figure it out either. I saw a different doctor this time. He said he could have strained the leg a bit and it was a little sore. We had him hopping around there and there just didn't seem to be anything wrong with him. He doesn't favour the leg, he has complete control of it, and he has no pain while hopping. I guess it's just something that I'll have to wait out and hope goes away. I have noticed a difference already. He doesn't hold it as inward as he did before. Please continue to send your good vibes our way. Yuki and I really appreciate it! :)

Oh, and he's eating quite well now so that's a huge relief!

Thank you. :) I am really hoping for a full and fast recovery.

I think I might syringe feed him a little Critical Care today. He is eating on his own, not as much as he used to, but enough to sustain him. However, I have to tempt him with junk food to eat, and I would like to get something healthier into him. Plus I don't think he's eating much hay so the Critical Care can help. I will just give him a little since I don't want to overfeed him and give him another tummy ache!

Back