• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Newbie advice on a run please.

cally73

Young Bun
Hi I currently have a Netherland dwarf and am planning on getting another to beond with him from a rescue centre after he has been neutered. I currently have a 5ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch for him then a seperate 3ft square run. At the moment I put him in his run before I go to work then again when i come home. So he is in his hutch from 8.00 am until 4 pm. Is it safe for him to be in a run whilst I am at work? I have been looking at one to match his hutch which was from pets at home. This would then mean I could leave his hutch door open and he could come and go. Is this safe or could he dig his way out? :shock: It would all be covered and enclosed but was worried about him getting out. Thanks ;)

Hi I currently have a Netherland dwarf and am planning on getting another to beond with him from a rescue centre after he has been neutered. I currently have a 5ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch for him then a seperate 3ft square run. At the moment I put him in his run before I go to work then again when i come home. So he is in his hutch from 8.00 am until 4 pm. Is it safe for him to be in a run whilst I am at work? I have been looking at one to match his hutch which was from pets at home. This would then mean I could leave his hutch door open and he could come and go. Is this safe or could he dig his way out? :shock: It would all be covered and enclosed but was worried about him getting out. Thanks ;)

if he is to have access when you are not around it would be best to place the run on flags ...or if thats not possible then put a mesh base on it ...the grass will still grow through but he wont be able to burrow out ... also it would prevent predetors burrowing in ..
the lid would need to be secured and the run would also need to be fixed securely to the hutch .

Back