• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

show me your..

Status
Not open for further replies.

missy1

New Kit
dwarf lop rabbits:D here's mine
036.jpg
015.jpg
029.jpg

Guinea pigs and rabbits should not really be kept together for a number of reasons. Nine times out of ten the guinea pig will get injured/harrassed by an over excited/irritated/hormonal bunny. Their diets are completly different and they cannot communicate as they speak a different language. It is far better to get your bunny a bunny friend (once your bun and friend have been neutered). And your piggy a piggy friend, if female, another female, or if male get him neutered and a female friend :).

Just thought i would explain what people are going on about ;).

Thats exactly what I was a thinking......after all the complaining I made about the park bunnies being with two piggilies too....

shazzabunny's info is spot on, maybe you could get your bunny another bunny companion and your piggy another piggy companion, they'd be much happier this way :wave:
you''ll also enjoy listening to your piggies chat together and your bunnies playing :wave:

shazzabunny's info is spot on, maybe you could get your bunny another bunny companion and your piggy another piggy companion, they'd be much happier this way :wave:
you''ll also enjoy listening to your piggies chat together and your bunnies playing :wave:

I LOVE guineas weeking at each other :love::love::love:

Guinea pigs and rabbits should not really be kept together for a number of reasons. Nine times out of ten the guinea pig will get injured/harrassed by an over excited/irritated/hormonal bunny. Their diets are completly different and they cannot communicate as they speak a different language. It is far better to get your bunny a bunny friend (once your bun and friend have been neutered). And your piggy a piggy friend, if female, another female, or if male get him neutered and a female friend :).

Just thought i would explain what people are going on about ;).
thought i would say that our rabbit and guinea pig live in seperate cages and the only time they are together is when i am with them and may i add they love each other very much if anything its the guinea pig that is the pest to the rabbit cos he always grooms him, and did you not realise that rabbits can eat guinea pig food but guinea pigs cant eat rabbits food because of the lack of vitamin c i was told this by a vet.

Last edited:
Hi Missy1. It is good that you only have them together when you are supervising but unfortunately rabbits can carry a disease called Bordetella bronchiseptica which is associated with kennel cough. It is normally harmless to the rabbit carrying it but when passed to the guinea pig they can get a bad upper respitory infection which can be fatal. I really advise you seperate them even at exercise time because even though you watch them carefully you'll never know if your bunny is carrying this until it is too late for your piggy.

I myself have seen guineas and rabbits who appear very much in love but there is always a chance of accidents and you might not be quick enough to intervene. I really don't recommend keeping them together as its really not worth the risk or the heartache should something awful happen.

029.jpg

Sir Hugo (I miss him so much!) He's with my mum!

139.jpg

Bridge bunny Ophelia

As people have already said about the bun and piggie I won't. (But I did notice!)

Lola pooped out by my desk! Yes she isn't a wire muncher!! :love::love:
SDC10772-1.jpg

Rab, Binky-free baby boy!
basilherbieandrab.jpg

Brian my stinky boy!
SDC10610.jpg

And Maximus my grumpy bum!
SDC10398-2.jpg

Lola and Max!
SDC10627-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.