• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

unexpected to say the least....

shell1805

Mama Doe
today was the day to go animal supply shopping, so off i went with a least as long as your arm :roll: (pampered much bella!!! :lol:) so there i was with some timothy hay under my arm, treats under the other arm and i thought i would just go and see the adoption area. well i never expected to see what i saw. its not unusual to see buns in there for adoption, it makes me so mad that people find it so easy to give them up. but to see a whole bunch was a shock!! i guess it was no surprise that it was an unwanted litter :(

right deep at the back, hiding in a tube was the fluffiest little fella i have ever seen. aparently people have rarely looked at him as his fur is gonna take brushing ever day. do people not brush their hair!!!!! well as you know i have ummmd and ahhhhd about getting bella a friend and i have listened to all your advice. im booking bella in to get neutered, and a a hubby would be fantastic for her.

well, i would like to introduce jasper. i have no idea what breed he is, other than he is a dwarf and a mini haystack bless him. he is roughly 10 weeks so its gonna be a while till i can neutre him, so he has his own batchelor pad till i can play cupid. (at least if either of them is unwillin, he is already set up :))

without further ado, the misfit that is jasper :D

HPIM1503.jpg
[/IMG]

HPIM1504.jpg
[/IMG]

HPIM1505.jpg
[/IMG]

HPIM1508.jpg

his set up in his pad:

HPIM1510.jpg
[/IMG]

he's already enjoyed a good brush, a sniff by the dogs and is now destroying the tidiness of his pad :roll: i think he's gonna fit in just fine!!! xx

I have to say, *usually* I don't agree with buying buns from pet shops when there are so many in rescues, *but* I think this fella would have ended up in a right old state if someone had bought him on an impulse without thinking about looking after his long hair. Good decision :thumb:

:) thank you, i really was looking to adopt a bun later down the line once bella had been neutred but when i saw this little fella i had visions of his lovely fluff being left to matt and i couldnt just leave him. so with brush in hand this little fella came home :) xx

Awwwwww Jasper is gorgeous!!!!!! :love:

He reminds me of our Mimi - she's a lionhead & honestly she takes hardly any looking after with her mane :) A comb through every day & she's done ;) That said she does collect half the litter trays in her mane :roll::lol:

Good luck with bonding them both in the future :)

I have to say, *usually* I don't agree with buying buns from pet shops when there are so many in rescues, *but* I think this fella would have ended up in a right old state if someone had bought him on an impulse without thinking about looking after his long hair. Good decision :thumb:
I thought the OP said that he was in the adoption part of the petshop? :? He looks gorgeous. Hope he settles in well.

Lovely :love:

I got two of my piggies from a pet shop as one is a sheltie the other a coronet and I could just see the knots from being with someone that wasnt bothered

He is certainly a fluffball! Lol my other half has nick named him weirdy beardy! Got up this mornin and found him with half his litter in his fur, I think he does it so I get him out and give him a brush which he absolutely love's :) x x

He is certainly a fluffball! Lol my other half has nick named him weirdy beardy! Got up this mornin and found him with half his litter in his fur, I think he does it so I get him out and give him a brush which he absolutely love's :) x x

Aw, it's nice that he likes it. I'd be put off getting a long-haired breed cos Beau hates being picked up, there's no way we could brush him everyday!

Sounds like Mimi :lol: If there's anything missing in Jasper's cage, you'll probably find it hidden in his fur ;):lol:

hes lovelly,i just brought my baby giant from a pet shop,and yes i payed way way too much for him but i saw him and wanted him.

It's so funny, my dogs cant work out what he is. They are so used to bella, she's alot bigger and sleek lookin and in comes this mini ewok! They're very good with him, and he doesn't seem fazed by them at all which is good :) x x

Back