• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our newest arrivals

Snowy

Wise Old Thumper
This is Onyx and Angel, they came in to the rescue yesterday, both are overweight, have fur mites and runny eyes :roll: The boy is neutered but the little girl isn't, they didn't have her done because, on the advice of their vet, they let her have a litter of babies to stop her getting cancer :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll:

OnyxandAngel003X2.jpg

OnyxandAngel006X2.jpg

OnyxandAngel009X2.jpg

Aaaaaaw they are gorgeous the little lionhead is like our Monty and the little black one is so tiny you just want to go Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:love:

Awww bless, i didn't realise that letting a bun have alitter of babies stops them getting cancer! :roll:

:shock::shock:Surely you know that too!!:roll::roll::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:, seriously though, it's beyond me why anyone would even think that let alone a vet

:shock::shock:Surely you know that too!!:roll::roll::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:, seriously though, it's beyond me why anyone would even think that let alone a vet

actually when i first started keeping bunnys i heard this too and while i no it to be wrong the reasoning was that once the womb has been used it is less likely to have the changes to the cells that cause cancer, as being used for babies is what teh wombs perpose is.

probably gonna sound daft now but i have heard that female ferrets have to have litters or be spade or else they will die, does having litters in does help prevent uterine cancer, if people are not gonna have them spayed. said it sounded daft.:lol:

Having babies doesn't stop uterine cancer, I just can't believe that a cet thinks it does:roll:

probably gonna sound daft now but i have heard that female ferrets have to have litters or be spade or else they will die, does having litters in does help prevent uterine cancer, if people are not gonna have them spayed. said it sounded daft.:lol:

no with ferrets it is because they have a season rabbits dont...and so if they are not mated or spayed they continuously bleed until they hemeorage..that is not something which with rabbits is possible as rabbits do not come into season. x

oh thank you, i did`nt realise this, strange isn`t it, cos everything else has seasons for a few weeks in dogs and then it stops.. thanks.:wave:

Back